A new documentary exploring AC/DC’s early days in Sydney has been launched online.
The project was helmed by Tom Compagnoni and features archive footage along with interviews with early band members Dave Evans, Mark Evans, Noel Taylor, Rob Bailey and Tony Currenti.
The Forgotten Sydney of AC/DC sees them sharing their recollections from the mid-70s, including rehearsals, filming their first video at Cronulla’s The Last Picture Show, and the moment Angus Young first appeared in his famous schoolboy uniform at Victoria Park Pool.
A statement on the film reads: “AC/DC was indisputably born and bred in Sydney but there aren’t the statues, plaques and laneways that other cities have to show the origins of one of the biggest rock bands of all time.
“Take a high-voltage trip through Sydney and learn about the forgotten haunts and the story that shaped AC/DC.”
The film also has footage from after Malcolm Young’s funeral in the city, while the guys lament the decline of Sydney’s live music scene.
Earlier this month, vocalist Brian Johnson sent a message to AC/DC fans during the online Bonfest celebrations.
There’s been much speculation about his return to the fold after he was forced to stop touring with AC/DC back in 2016.
He appeared to confirm his return to the band back in January last year after being spotted outside a Vancouver studio with drummer Phil Rudd in August 2018.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- AC/DC - Back In Black - Test Pressing - US - vinyl LP - £295.00, $407.10, €348.10 (New Item) (arrived 20-Oct-2021 09:55)on October 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
AC/DC Back In Black (Test pressing for the 2013 US issue of the 1980 10-track vinyl LP, on a 'RTI' company label with stamped date of 'April 05 2013 and matrix number 95391A/B' as well as 'www.gzvinyl.com - 1877195391 - A' & '89317E1/A' stampers and '95391A' & '22001.1' etched into the dead wax. Pressed on heavyweight vinyl and housed in a plain white sleeve with 'April 05 2013' & '95391 A/B' stamped to the top corner. Other than a few light paper scuffs to the B side, the vinyl appears unplayed - a corker!)
- AC/DC - Highway To Hell - German - vinyl LP - £30.00, $41.40, €35.40 (New Item) (arrived 04-Oct-2021 17:07)on October 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
AC/DC Highway To Hell (1984 German issue of the classic 1979 10-track LP, the last to feature Bon Scott, glossy picture sleeve with ATL50628 catalogue number & K50628 on the labels. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear and the vinyllooks barely played ATL50628)
- AC/DC - In The Beginning... (Ultimate Collection) - German - vinyl LP - £24.99, $34.49, €29.49 (New Item) (arrived 21-Sep-2021 10:33)on October 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
AC/DC In The Beginning... (Ultimate Collection) (2018 German 8-track LP pressed on Yellow Vinyl, picture sleeve. This copy is still sealed from new leaving it Mint and unplayed LM1962)
- AC/DC - Damnation Radio - Gold Vinyl - Czech - 2-LP vinyl set - £19.99, $27.59, €23.59 (Back In Stock) (arrived 23-Sep-2021 10:27)on October 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
AC/DC Damnation Radio (2016 Czech 8-track Limited Edition LP pressed on Gold Vinyl, featuring a radio broadcast recorded in September 1978 in Columbus Ohio during promotion for the Powerage album, picture sleeve. Both sleeve and vinyl remain in as new condition CPLVNY176)
- AC/DC - Live & Bonus Track - Japanese - 2-CD album set - £49.99, $68.99, €58.99 (New Item) (arrived 26-Sep-2021 09:58)on October 21, 2021 at 10:33 am
AC/DC Live (1992 Japanese-only 24-track Double CD set, including the bonus recording Hell Ain't A Bad Place, with fold-out poster, Japanese and English lyric inserts and AC/DC 'dollar' bill, housed in a fat double case within a unique slipcase card picture box with hype sticker AMCY-465~6)