Queen And Adam Lambert have revealed they’ll release their first-ever live album together later this year.
It’s titled Live Around The World and it’ll launch on October 2 on CD, CD/DVD, CD/Blu-ray, vinyl and on digital and streaming platforms.
The inspiration behind the album came after Queen and Adam Lambert streamed their YouTube Watch Party back in June – a selection of highlights from previous concerts which followed the postponement of their Rhapsody tour.
Drummer Roger Taylor explains: “We hadn’t really watched those clips before, we were always too busy touring. We weren’t aware of how good the band sounded. So we thought, well, maybe there’s a live album of highlights of concerts that we’ve done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert to be made.”
Live Around The World will feature tracks that were personally selected by Taylor, Lambert and guitarist Brian May from more than 200 performances, and will include Freddie Mercury’s iconic ‘Ay-Ohs’ section.
May says: “As we all grapple with the challenge of creating live shows in a world dominated by a formidable viral enemy, it seemed the perfect time for us to create a collection of hand-picked live highlights from our Queen shows over the years with our brother Adam Lambert.
“As you watch and listen to these tracks, you’ll be journeying all around the world with us and experiencing a complete virtual live set.
“The collection climaxes in Sydney earlier this year when, in support Fire Fight Australia, we recreated the complete Queen Live Aid set. It was a historic event for a great cause – with perhaps the highest adrenaline level since the original Live Aid in 1985.
“It makes me particularly happy that we can now share this unique moment with the whole world.”
Lambert adds: “When we couldn’t tour this year we wanted to give the fans something in place of that, and a live album just felt right. It’s the first time we have released an album together and we have had a lot of fun putting it together, picking out favourite performances over the past seven years.”
The DVD and Blu-ray editions will also feature extra performance footage, including a drum battle between Taylor and his son Rufus Taylor – drummer with The Darkness – and May’s Last Horizon guitar solo.
Queen and Adam Lambert: Live Around The World
1. Tear It Up: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
2. Now I’m Here: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
3. Another One Bites The Dust: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
4. Fat Bottomed Girls ft. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019
5. Don’t Stop Me Now: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
6. I Want To Break Free: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
7. Somebody To Love: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
8. Love Kills: The Ballad iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014
9. I Was Born To Love You: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
10. Under Pressure: Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019
11. Who Wants To Live Forever: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
12. The Show Must Go On: The O2, London, UK, 04/07/2018
13. Love Of My Life: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
14. Bohemian Rhapsody: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
15. Radio Ga Ga: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
16. Ay-Ohs: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
17. Hammer To Fall: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
18. Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
19. We Will Rock You: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
20. We Are The Champions: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Queen - Greatest Hits II - 180gm - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 14-Sep-2020 06:21)on September 19, 2020 at 6:08 am
QUEEN Greatest Hits II (2016 UK limited edition 17-track remastered issue of the 1991 double LP pressed on 180gm Vinyl, complete with album discography illustrated liner notes inners, gold embossed gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows some light scuffing near the edges, whilst the vinyl remains near 'as new')
- Queen - The Works - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 31-Aug-2020 10:01)on September 19, 2020 at 6:08 am
QUEEN The Works (1984 UK 9-track vinyl LP, the eleventh studio album by the British rock band including the singles Radio Ga Ga and I Want To Break Free, picture sleeve with lyric inner. The sleeve has some notable edgewear to the bottom edgeand the vinyl has little sign of play WORK1)
- Queen - Let Me Live - Stickered - UK - 7" picture disc - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 26-Aug-2020 15:27)on September 19, 2020 at 6:08 am
QUEEN Let Me Live (1996 UK limited edition 3-track 7" Picture Disc single, including digitally remastered versions of Fat Bottomed Girls and Bicycle Race, ¾ size fold-out wraparound picture insert with superb group shot inside a hype &barcode stickered PVC outer QUEENPD24)
- Queen - Too Much Love Will Kill You - Pink Vinyl - UK - 7" vinyl - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 26-Aug-2020 15:32)on September 19, 2020 at 6:08 am
QUEEN Too Much Love Will Kill You (1996 UK limited edition 3-track 7" single pressed on Pink Vinyl, also including digitally remastered versions of We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions, issued in the hype-stickered glossy picture sleeve QUEEN23)
- Queen - Greatest Hits - Red Vinyl - Sealed - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £59.99, $74.99, €67.19 (New Item) (arrived 28-Aug-2020 11:53)on September 19, 2020 at 6:08 am
QUEEN Greatest Hits (2019 UK limited edition remastered issue of their 1981 17-track double LP now pressed on Red Heavyweight Vinyl. This 'all killer, no filler' collection of hits from their 1973 to 1980 period includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Killer Queen, Don't Stop Me Now, Somebody To Love, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions and more. Both discs are UNPLAYED housed in the gatefold picture sleeve which remains sealed in its hype-stickered shrinkwrap)