Queen And Adam Lambert have revealed they’ll release their first-ever live album together later this year.
It’s titled Live Around The World and it’ll launch on October 2 on CD, CD/DVD, CD/Blu-ray, vinyl and on digital and streaming platforms.
The inspiration behind the album came after Queen and Adam Lambert streamed their YouTube Watch Party back in June – a selection of highlights from previous concerts which followed the postponement of their Rhapsody tour.
Drummer Roger Taylor explains: “We hadn’t really watched those clips before, we were always too busy touring. We weren’t aware of how good the band sounded. So we thought, well, maybe there’s a live album of highlights of concerts that we’ve done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert to be made.”
Live Around The World will feature tracks that were personally selected by Taylor, Lambert and guitarist Brian May from more than 200 performances, and will include Freddie Mercury’s iconic ‘Ay-Ohs’ section.
May says: “As we all grapple with the challenge of creating live shows in a world dominated by a formidable viral enemy, it seemed the perfect time for us to create a collection of hand-picked live highlights from our Queen shows over the years with our brother Adam Lambert.
“As you watch and listen to these tracks, you’ll be journeying all around the world with us and experiencing a complete virtual live set.
“The collection climaxes in Sydney earlier this year when, in support Fire Fight Australia, we recreated the complete Queen Live Aid set. It was a historic event for a great cause – with perhaps the highest adrenaline level since the original Live Aid in 1985.
“It makes me particularly happy that we can now share this unique moment with the whole world.”
Lambert adds: “When we couldn’t tour this year we wanted to give the fans something in place of that, and a live album just felt right. It’s the first time we have released an album together and we have had a lot of fun putting it together, picking out favourite performances over the past seven years.”
The DVD and Blu-ray editions will also feature extra performance footage, including a drum battle between Taylor and his son Rufus Taylor – drummer with The Darkness – and May’s Last Horizon guitar solo.
Queen and Adam Lambert: Live Around The World
1. Tear It Up: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
2. Now I’m Here: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
3. Another One Bites The Dust: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
4. Fat Bottomed Girls ft. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019
5. Don’t Stop Me Now: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
6. I Want To Break Free: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
7. Somebody To Love: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
8. Love Kills: The Ballad iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014
9. I Was Born To Love You: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
10. Under Pressure: Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019
11. Who Wants To Live Forever: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
12. The Show Must Go On: The O2, London, UK, 04/07/2018
13. Love Of My Life: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
14. Bohemian Rhapsody: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
15. Radio Ga Ga: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
16. Ay-Ohs: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
17. Hammer To Fall: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
18. Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
19. We Will Rock You: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
20. We Are The Champions: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Queen - A Day At The Races - 1st - VG/EX - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $68.00, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 01-Mar-2021 14:52)on March 1, 2021 at 10:01 pm
QUEEN A Day At The Races (Rare 1976 UK first pressing 10-track LP with 1U/1U matrices. Their fifth studio album including Tie Your Mother Down, Somebody To Love & Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy; gatefold picture sleeve with die-cut round-cornered picture inner. The sleeve is graded as VG with some notable scuffing mosty around the edges and the back of the sleeve, but there are no seam splits; the vinyl remains in excellent shape with the odd faint sign of play. A very respectable copy of this rare & hard to find pressing EMTC104)
- Queen - Hammer To Fall - Red Sleeve - UK - 12" vinyl - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 14:23)on March 1, 2021 at 10:01 pm
QUEEN Hammer To Fall (1984 UK 12" single, featuring the Headbanger's Mix, also including Tear It Up, glossy red picture sleeve with black & gold text. The sleeve displays minimal wear whilst the vinyl appears barely play 12QUEEN4)
- Queen - Under Pressure - 4pr - P/S - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 29-Jan-2021 16:18)on March 1, 2021 at 10:01 pm
QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE Under Pressure (1981 UK 7" vinyl single with intact four prong centre, also including Soul Brother, title sleeve with lyrics printed on the reverse. The sleeve has a small tear to the top edge whilst the vinyl has just light signs ofplay EMI5250)
- Queen - Hot Space - Singapore - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 04-Feb-2021 12:08)on March 1, 2021 at 10:01 pm
QUEEN Hot Space (1982 Singapore [Malaysia & Hong Kong] issue 11-track vinyl LP, including Under Pressure with David Bowie, Staying Power, Body Language & Las Palabras De Amor, glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve has a slight sticker tear in the top right corner, otherwise the sleeve is in excellent conditon and the vinyl shows few signs of play EMA797)
- Queen - A Kind Of Magic - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 08-Feb-2021 10:28)on March 1, 2021 at 10:01 pm
QUEEN A Kind Of Magic (1986 UK 9-track LP, the eleventh studio album featuring the singles Who Wants To Live Forever, A Kind of Magic, Princes Of The Universe & One Vision, complete with illustrated lyric inner, gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve & vinyl grade VG+ with some light shelf wear & faint paper hairline scuffs to show play EU3509)