Queen And Adam Lambert have revealed they’ll release their first-ever live album together later this year.
It’s titled Live Around The World and it’ll launch on October 2 on CD, CD/DVD, CD/Blu-ray, vinyl and on digital and streaming platforms.
The inspiration behind the album came after Queen and Adam Lambert streamed their YouTube Watch Party back in June – a selection of highlights from previous concerts which followed the postponement of their Rhapsody tour.
Drummer Roger Taylor explains: “We hadn’t really watched those clips before, we were always too busy touring. We weren’t aware of how good the band sounded. So we thought, well, maybe there’s a live album of highlights of concerts that we’ve done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert to be made.”
Live Around The World will feature tracks that were personally selected by Taylor, Lambert and guitarist Brian May from more than 200 performances, and will include Freddie Mercury’s iconic ‘Ay-Ohs’ section.
May says: “As we all grapple with the challenge of creating live shows in a world dominated by a formidable viral enemy, it seemed the perfect time for us to create a collection of hand-picked live highlights from our Queen shows over the years with our brother Adam Lambert.
“As you watch and listen to these tracks, you’ll be journeying all around the world with us and experiencing a complete virtual live set.
“The collection climaxes in Sydney earlier this year when, in support Fire Fight Australia, we recreated the complete Queen Live Aid set. It was a historic event for a great cause – with perhaps the highest adrenaline level since the original Live Aid in 1985.
“It makes me particularly happy that we can now share this unique moment with the whole world.”
Lambert adds: “When we couldn’t tour this year we wanted to give the fans something in place of that, and a live album just felt right. It’s the first time we have released an album together and we have had a lot of fun putting it together, picking out favourite performances over the past seven years.”
The DVD and Blu-ray editions will also feature extra performance footage, including a drum battle between Taylor and his son Rufus Taylor – drummer with The Darkness – and May’s Last Horizon guitar solo.
Queen and Adam Lambert: Live Around The World
1. Tear It Up: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
2. Now I’m Here: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
3. Another One Bites The Dust: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
4. Fat Bottomed Girls ft. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019
5. Don’t Stop Me Now: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
6. I Want To Break Free: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
7. Somebody To Love: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
8. Love Kills: The Ballad iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014
9. I Was Born To Love You: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
10. Under Pressure: Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019
11. Who Wants To Live Forever: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
12. The Show Must Go On: The O2, London, UK, 04/07/2018
13. Love Of My Life: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
14. Bohemian Rhapsody: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
15. Radio Ga Ga: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
16. Ay-Ohs: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
17. Hammer To Fall: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
18. Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
19. We Will Rock You: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
20. We Are The Champions: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Queen - Live Killers - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £35.00, $48.30, €40.95 (New Item) (arrived 17-Sep-2021 16:37)on September 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm
QUEEN Live Killers (1979 UK 22-track double LP, featuring a brilliant collection of tracks recorded live during the European leg of Queen's 'Jazz' world tour between January & March 1979. The gatefold picture sleeve has some light wear from storage & comes complete with the green & red narrative inners, whilst the vinyl is clean & grades EX/EX- with only a few faint hairlines not affecting play EMSP330)
- Queen - A Day At The Races - 2nd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.50, €29.25 (New Item) (arrived 08-Sep-2021 13:41)on September 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm
QUEEN A Day At The Races (1976 UK 10-track LP, the fifth studio album from the legendary British band, including Tie Your Mother Down, Somebody To Love & Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, gatefold picture sleeve with die-cut picture inner. The sleeve shows some light edge scuffing with small corner creases and, aside from a few light surface marks, the vinyl appears barely played EMTC104)
- Queen - One Vision - Japanese - 7" vinyl - £30.00, $41.40, €35.10 (New Item) (arrived 31-Aug-2021 08:54)on September 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm
QUEEN One Vision (1985 Japanese 7" vinyl single, also including Blurred Vision, picture sleeve with lyrics printed on the reverse EMS-17594)
- Queen - One Vision - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $11.04, €9.36 (New Item) (arrived 31-Aug-2021 09:42)on September 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm
QUEEN One Vision (1985 UK solid centre 7" vinyl single, also including Blurred Vision. The 'negative image' picture sleeve has the lyrics printed on the reverse QUEEN6)
- Queen - Greatest Hits: Target exclusive - Red Vinyl - Sealed - US - 2-LP vinyl set - £49.99, $68.99, €58.49 (New Item) (arrived 01-Sep-2021 09:23)on September 19, 2021 at 11:18 pm
QUEEN Greatest Hits (2020 US Target exclusive limited edition 17-track double LP issue of their classic 1981 compilation album, pressed on Ruby Red Vinyl, including their anthemic best loved hits Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Don't Stop Me Now, Somebody To Love, We Will Rock You and more. Both vinyl discs are BRAND NEW unplayed housed in the gatefold picture sleeve which remains sealed within its custom hype-stickered shrink)