Queen And Adam Lambert have revealed they’ll release their first-ever live album together later this year.
It’s titled Live Around The World and it’ll launch on October 2 on CD, CD/DVD, CD/Blu-ray, vinyl and on digital and streaming platforms.
The inspiration behind the album came after Queen and Adam Lambert streamed their YouTube Watch Party back in June – a selection of highlights from previous concerts which followed the postponement of their Rhapsody tour.
Drummer Roger Taylor explains: “We hadn’t really watched those clips before, we were always too busy touring. We weren’t aware of how good the band sounded. So we thought, well, maybe there’s a live album of highlights of concerts that we’ve done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert to be made.”
Live Around The World will feature tracks that were personally selected by Taylor, Lambert and guitarist Brian May from more than 200 performances, and will include Freddie Mercury’s iconic ‘Ay-Ohs’ section.
May says: “As we all grapple with the challenge of creating live shows in a world dominated by a formidable viral enemy, it seemed the perfect time for us to create a collection of hand-picked live highlights from our Queen shows over the years with our brother Adam Lambert.
“As you watch and listen to these tracks, you’ll be journeying all around the world with us and experiencing a complete virtual live set.
“The collection climaxes in Sydney earlier this year when, in support Fire Fight Australia, we recreated the complete Queen Live Aid set. It was a historic event for a great cause – with perhaps the highest adrenaline level since the original Live Aid in 1985.
“It makes me particularly happy that we can now share this unique moment with the whole world.”
Lambert adds: “When we couldn’t tour this year we wanted to give the fans something in place of that, and a live album just felt right. It’s the first time we have released an album together and we have had a lot of fun putting it together, picking out favourite performances over the past seven years.”
The DVD and Blu-ray editions will also feature extra performance footage, including a drum battle between Taylor and his son Rufus Taylor – drummer with The Darkness – and May’s Last Horizon guitar solo.
Queen and Adam Lambert: Live Around The World
1. Tear It Up: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
2. Now I’m Here: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
3. Another One Bites The Dust: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
4. Fat Bottomed Girls ft. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019
5. Don’t Stop Me Now: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
6. I Want To Break Free: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
7. Somebody To Love: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
8. Love Kills: The Ballad iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014
9. I Was Born To Love You: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
10. Under Pressure: Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019
11. Who Wants To Live Forever: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
12. The Show Must Go On: The O2, London, UK, 04/07/2018
13. Love Of My Life: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
14. Bohemian Rhapsody: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
15. Radio Ga Ga: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
16. Ay-Ohs: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
17. Hammer To Fall: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
18. Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
19. We Will Rock You: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
20. We Are The Champions: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Queen - Greatest Hits - 1st - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.00, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2022 16:23)on May 20, 2022 at 4:20 am
QUEEN Greatest Hits (1981 UK first press 17-track LP compilation, a collection of their much loved hits including Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Killer Queen, Don't Stop Me Now, Somebody To Love, We Will Rock You & more, non-barcoded picture sleeve with illustrated credits inner detailing the background info for each track. The sleeve has some minor wear and the vinyl looks seldom played EMTV30)
- Queen - A Day At The Races - 2nd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.00, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 11-May-2022 10:31)on May 20, 2022 at 4:20 am
QUEEN A Day At The Races (1976 UK 10-track LP, the fifth studio album from the legendary British band, including Tie Your Mother Down, Somebody To Love & Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, gatefold picture sleeve with die-cut picture inner. The sleeve,which still displays 'vintage' price sticker, shows some edgewear and general scuff marks, typical to this issue, whilst the vinyl appears barely played EMTC104)
- Queen - Carrera De Bicicletas - Chile - 7" vinyl - Promo - £95.00, $117.80, €112.10 (New Item) (arrived 09-May-2022 11:57)on May 20, 2022 at 4:20 am
QUEEN Carrera De Bicicletas (1978 Chilean solid centre promotional vinyl 7" for the single Bicycle Race on the EMI red & cream label stamped 'Venta Prohibida promocional', also including Niñas Gorditas' (Fat Bottomed Girls), within the original EMI Odeon red & green swirled white custom printed plastic sleeve. The sleeve displays some light wear & age but has no splits of rips, the A side label has a previous owners name written, othwerwise the vinyl shows only a few light signs of play. A nice example and the first we have ever seen!)
- Queen - A Kind Of Magic - US - 7" vinyl - Promo - £30.00, $37.20, €35.40 (New Item) (arrived 09-May-2022 12:17)on May 20, 2022 at 4:20 am
QUEEN A Kind Of Magic (1986 US white title label promotional vinyl 7" for the single release, issued exclusively to radio stations to help promote the release, and plays the same 4:23 Stereo version on both sides, within a commercial picture sleeve which is actually different to the UK release. The sleeve displays only light wear and has a small split to one edge, however, the vinyl looks barely played P-B-5590)
- Queen - Now I'm Here - Hungarian - 7" vinyl - £165.00, $204.60, €194.70 (New Item) (arrived 09-May-2022 12:54)on May 20, 2022 at 4:20 am
QUEEN Now I'm Here (Rare 1975 Hungarian wide centred 7" vinyl single on the red & white Pepita label, also including Lily Of The Valley, housed in a unique 'cloud' picture sleeve with black lettering and blank blue reverse. The sleeve has some light signs of age wear, not surprising considering the fragile paper construction. Traditionally vinyl from this region is in poor condition however this copy remains Excellent with some light cosmetic surface marks and very little signs of play. A really nice example and the first we have seen in over ten years! SPSK70209)