Queen And Adam Lambert have revealed they’ll release their first-ever live album together later this year.
It’s titled Live Around The World and it’ll launch on October 2 on CD, CD/DVD, CD/Blu-ray, vinyl and on digital and streaming platforms.
The inspiration behind the album came after Queen and Adam Lambert streamed their YouTube Watch Party back in June – a selection of highlights from previous concerts which followed the postponement of their Rhapsody tour.
Drummer Roger Taylor explains: “We hadn’t really watched those clips before, we were always too busy touring. We weren’t aware of how good the band sounded. So we thought, well, maybe there’s a live album of highlights of concerts that we’ve done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert to be made.”
Live Around The World will feature tracks that were personally selected by Taylor, Lambert and guitarist Brian May from more than 200 performances, and will include Freddie Mercury’s iconic ‘Ay-Ohs’ section.
May says: “As we all grapple with the challenge of creating live shows in a world dominated by a formidable viral enemy, it seemed the perfect time for us to create a collection of hand-picked live highlights from our Queen shows over the years with our brother Adam Lambert.
“As you watch and listen to these tracks, you’ll be journeying all around the world with us and experiencing a complete virtual live set.
“The collection climaxes in Sydney earlier this year when, in support Fire Fight Australia, we recreated the complete Queen Live Aid set. It was a historic event for a great cause – with perhaps the highest adrenaline level since the original Live Aid in 1985.
“It makes me particularly happy that we can now share this unique moment with the whole world.”
Lambert adds: “When we couldn’t tour this year we wanted to give the fans something in place of that, and a live album just felt right. It’s the first time we have released an album together and we have had a lot of fun putting it together, picking out favourite performances over the past seven years.”
The DVD and Blu-ray editions will also feature extra performance footage, including a drum battle between Taylor and his son Rufus Taylor – drummer with The Darkness – and May’s Last Horizon guitar solo.
Queen and Adam Lambert: Live Around The World
1. Tear It Up: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
2. Now I’m Here: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
3. Another One Bites The Dust: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
4. Fat Bottomed Girls ft. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019
5. Don’t Stop Me Now: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
6. I Want To Break Free: Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016
7. Somebody To Love: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
8. Love Kills: The Ballad iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014
9. I Was Born To Love You: Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014
10. Under Pressure: Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019
11. Who Wants To Live Forever: Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016
12. The Show Must Go On: The O2, London, UK, 04/07/2018
13. Love Of My Life: The O2, London, UK, 02/07/2018
14. Bohemian Rhapsody: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
15. Radio Ga Ga: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
16. Ay-Ohs: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
17. Hammer To Fall: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
18. Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
19. We Will Rock You: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
20. We Are The Champions: Fire Fight Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Australia, 2020
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Queen - Live Killers - VG - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £18.00, $21.78, €20.88 (New Item) (arrived 28-Nov-2022 14:36)on November 28, 2022 at 4:06 pm
QUEEN Live Killers (1979 UK 22-track double LP, featuring a brilliant collection of tracks recorded live during the European leg of Queen's 'Jazz' world tour between January & March 1979. The gatefold picture sleeve shows some scuffing especiallyto edges with some ringwear and comes complete with the green & red narrative inners, whilst the vinyl is clean & grades VG+ with only a few light hairlines not affecting play EMSP330)
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody OST - 180gm Vinyl - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £39.99, $48.39, €46.39 (New Item) (arrived 08-Nov-2022 09:07)on November 28, 2022 at 4:06 pm
QUEEN Bohemian Rhapsody (2019 UK limited edition 22-track double LP pressed on 180gram Vinyl featuring the Brian May & Roger Taylor produced soundtrack to the smash hit 2018 movie starring Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury. Comprises a compilation of classic Queen hits including Somebody To Love, Killer Queen, Another One Bites The Dust & more, live versions of Keep Yourself Alive, Fat Bottomed Girls & Now I'm Here plus the fantastic '20th Century Fox Fanfare', Smile's Doing All Right and the full recording of their Live Aid performance. Complete with the printed inners, the gatefold picture sleeve shows minimal wear & the vinyl discs look barely played)
- Queen - A Night At The Opera - 2nd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $30.25, €29.00 (New Item) (arrived 30-Oct-2022 12:06)on November 28, 2022 at 4:06 pm
QUEEN A Night At The Opera (Late 70s UK second press 12-track LP, the fourth studio album by the British rock group first released in 1975. Includes the singles You're My Best Friend & Bohemian Rhapsody, non-embossed gatefold picture sleeve with illustrated inner. The sleeve is Excellent with minimal edge wear, the vinyl is clean & in Excellent condition with the odd faint paper hairline not affecting play EMTC103)
- Queen - Jazz - 3rd - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $24.20, €23.20 (New Item) (arrived 30-Oct-2022 12:13)on November 28, 2022 at 4:06 pm
QUEEN Jazz (Late 70s, early 80s UK 13-track LP, the seventh studio album by the British rock group, including the singles Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls & Don't Stop Me Now. Comes housed in a glossy non-embossed & non-barcoded gatefold sleeve with card picture inner. The sleeve has little wear whilst the vinyl appears Excellent with few signs of play EMA788)
- Queen - Jazz - 1st + Poster - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £35.00, $42.35, €40.60 (New Item) (arrived 04-Nov-2022 12:20)on November 28, 2022 at 4:06 pm
QUEEN Jazz (1978 UK 13-track LP, including the singles Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls & Don't Stop Me Now; within an embossed gatefold sleeve, round-cornered laminated inner & the 'nude bicycle race' fold-out poster. The sleeve [VG+] displays some light shelf/edge wear, the inner has no splits & the poster, although no longer attached to the sleeve, has not been displayed. The labels on both sides remain clean & the vinyl is VG+ with just a few light surface hairlines/scuffs indicating light play - nice copy of this all time classic rock staple EMA788)