Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello has announced a new solo album, titled The Atlas Underground Fire. The project is the follow-up album to 2018’s The Atlas Underground, and is due out on October 15 via Mom + Pop Music.
For the project, the two-time Grammy nominee and legendary axe-slinger Morello has cast the help from a star-studded list of collaborators, including Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, Bring Me the Horizon and more.
Alongside the announcement, Morello has released its first single, a cover of AC/DC’s Highway To Hell, featuring Springsteen and Vedder.
Of the track, the Rage guitarist says, “Our version of Highway To Hell pays homage to AC/DC but with Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder, bringing this legendary song into the future. One of the greatest rock ’n’ roll songs of all time sung by two of the greatest rock ’n’ roll singers of all time. And then I drop a shredding guitar solo. Thank you and good night.”
Speaking of the recording process behind the album, Morello reveals to have recorded the guitar parts using an incredibly DIY technique due to the socially restrictive nature of the pandemic, while sharing his creations from his home in Los Angeles to collaborators around the globe. He explains: “During lockdown I had no access to an engineer so I had to record all of the guitar parts on the voice memo of my phone.
“This seemed like an outrageous idea but it lead to a freedom in creativity in that I could not overthink any of the guitar parts and just had to trust my instincts.
“This record was a life raft in a difficult time that allowed me to find new ways of creating new global artistic connections that helped transform a time of fear and anxiety into one of musical expression and rocking jams.”
Pre-order The Atlas Underground Fire now.
The Atlas Underground Fire tracklisting:
1. Harlem Hellfighter
2. Highway to Hell (featuring Bruce Springsteen and Eddie Vedder)
3. Let’s Get The Party Started (featuring Bring Me The Horizon)
4. Driving to Texas (featuring Phantogram)
5. The War Inside (featuring Chris Stapleton)
6. Hold The Line (featuring grandson)
7. Naraka (featuring Mike Posner)
8. The Achilles List (featuring Damian Marley)
9. Night Witch (featuring phem)
10. Charmed I’m Sure (featuring Protohype)
11. Save Our Souls (featuring Dennis Lyxzén of Refused)
12. On The Shore Of Eternity (featuring Sama’ Abdulhadi)
Explore eil.com & 991.com sister – the world’s best online store for rare, collectable & out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Bruce Springsteen - Live 1975-1985 - VG - UK - vinyl box set - £25.00, $30.50, €29.00 (New Item) (arrived 08-Dec-2022 11:29)on December 8, 2022 at 2:17 pm
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND Live 1975-1985 (1986 UK Five LP box set featuring a total of forty live tracks, over three hours & twenty minutes of music in all, complete with a thirty six page illustrated lyric booklet & individual picture inners, 12" square clamshell picture box. The box [VG] shows some scuff marks with age, while the inners & booklet have very little wear & the vinyl overall remains in Excellent condition)
- Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park N.J - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $14.64, €13.92 (New Item) (arrived 07-Dec-2022 16:31)on December 8, 2022 at 2:17 pm
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Greetings From Asbury Park N.J. (Mid 1970s UK graduated orange label issue of the 1973 9-track LP, glossy picture sleeve with lyric insert. The sleeve shows some light edgewear and scuffing, whilst the vinyl looks barely played)
- Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $14.64, €13.92 (New Item) (arrived 07-Dec-2022 16:26)on December 8, 2022 at 2:17 pm
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Tunnel Of Love (1987 UK 12-track LP including Brilliant Disguise & Two Faces, picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inner. The sleeve and inner have only light foxing, whilst the vinyl shows minimal signs of play)
- Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park N.J. + shrink - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $30.50, €29.00 (New Item) (arrived 06-Dec-2022 14:38)on December 8, 2022 at 2:17 pm
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Greetings From Asbury Park N.J. (Late 70s to 80s UK graduated orange CBS label issue of the 1973 9-track vinyl LP, including Blinded By The Light, Growin' Up and The Angel. Housed in a 'Nice Price' stickered picture sleeve which remains in the original opened shrinkwrap. The opening dispalys minimal signs of wear and the vinyl displays only light signs of play)