Ronnie Wood is to open a pop-up art exhibition in London later this month.
The Ronnie Wood Collection will begin with a private viewing on December 12, with the Rolling Stones guitarist opening the doors to the public at 71 Blandford Street, Marylebone, between December 13-15.
Visitors will have the chance to see some of the musician’s paintings, new works which have never been displayed in public before, and a series of limited edition signed, numbered prints.
Wood will be at the invite only event on the Thursday and will also recreate his art studio on the Marylebone Gallery floor, making a “rare live painting appearance over the weekend.”
Wood says: “I’m always looking for new inspiration for my art. Colour fills my life. Even the decoration in my homes is a riot of colour. I paint the walls, everything, and I’ve even turned some of my art into mosaics for our bathroom.
“I’ve turned paintings into carpets, stained glass and bronzes, and have collaborated on marine chronometers for Bremont and even a Rolls-Royce Wraith.
“Liberty and Co has used my paintings to create scarves, bags and clothes. I’ve done art for albums, including the cover of an Eric Clapton album, and I do the Stones’ setlists as little works of art. Art fills my life, art is my life and art will continue to be my life.”
Last month, Wood released the album Ronnie Wood With His Wild Five – Mad Lad: A Live Tribute To Chuck Berry. It was recorded at Wimborne’s Tivoli Theatre in 2018 – a night that saw guest appearances from singer Imelda May and pianist Ben Waters.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Rolling Stones - Let's Spend The Night Together - Boxed Label - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:44)on August 3, 2020 at 7:19 pm
ROLLING STONES Let's Spend The Night Together (70s UK boxed label issue of the 1967 7" single with intact four prong centre, also including Ruby Tuesday, Decca company die-cut paper sleeve. The vinyl is Excellent with just light signs of playF12546)
- Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown - 2nd - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:43)on August 3, 2020 at 7:19 pm
ROLLING STONES 19th Nervous Breakdown (70s UK 'boxed' logo label issue of the 1966 7" vinyl single, also including As Tears Go By, Decca company die-cut paper sleeve F12331)
- Rolling Stones - I Wanna Be Your Man - Boxed Logo - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:42)on August 3, 2020 at 7:19 pm
ROLLING STONES I Wanna Be Your Man (70s UK issue of the 1963 7" vinyl single with boxed Decca logo labels, also featuring Stoned, Decca company die cut paper sleeve F11764)
- Rolling Stones - Little Red Rooster - Boxed - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:41)on August 3, 2020 at 7:19 pm
ROLLING STONES Little Red Rooster (1969 UK boxed Decca logo 7" vinyl single with intact four prong centre, also including Off The Hook, record company die cut paper sleeve F12014)
- Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash - boxed label - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:40)on August 3, 2020 at 7:19 pm
ROLLING STONES Jumpin' Jack Flash (70s UK boxed label issue of the 1968 7" single with four prong centre, also featuring Child Of The Moon, die-cut Decca paper sleeve with catalogue number annotation. The vinyl remains in Excellent condition with just minor evidence of play F12782)