Ronnie Wood is to open a pop-up art exhibition in London later this month.
The Ronnie Wood Collection will begin with a private viewing on December 12, with the Rolling Stones guitarist opening the doors to the public at 71 Blandford Street, Marylebone, between December 13-15.
Visitors will have the chance to see some of the musician’s paintings, new works which have never been displayed in public before, and a series of limited edition signed, numbered prints.
Wood will be at the invite only event on the Thursday and will also recreate his art studio on the Marylebone Gallery floor, making a “rare live painting appearance over the weekend.”
Wood says: “I’m always looking for new inspiration for my art. Colour fills my life. Even the decoration in my homes is a riot of colour. I paint the walls, everything, and I’ve even turned some of my art into mosaics for our bathroom.
“I’ve turned paintings into carpets, stained glass and bronzes, and have collaborated on marine chronometers for Bremont and even a Rolls-Royce Wraith.
“Liberty and Co has used my paintings to create scarves, bags and clothes. I’ve done art for albums, including the cover of an Eric Clapton album, and I do the Stones’ setlists as little works of art. Art fills my life, art is my life and art will continue to be my life.”
Last month, Wood released the album Ronnie Wood With His Wild Five – Mad Lad: A Live Tribute To Chuck Berry. It was recorded at Wimborne’s Tivoli Theatre in 2018 – a night that saw guest appearances from singer Imelda May and pianist Ben Waters.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet - 1st - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £250.00, $277.50, €285.00 (New Item) (arrived 30-Sep-2022 16:49)on October 1, 2022 at 6:36 am
ROLLING STONES Beggars Banquet (Rare 1968 UK first press 10-track stereo vinyl LP, on the original dark blue label with silver text & the unboxed Decca logo with no speed indicator, complete with the original Garrod & Lofthouse front laminated gatefold picture sleeve with the 'Patents Pending' text in the bottom right corner on the reverse SKL4955) See 'More Info' for the details..
- The Rolling Stones - Great Rock Artists 2/ Live Best - Japanese - vinyl LP - £150.00, $166.50, €171.00 (New Item) (arrived 27-Sep-2022 16:16)on October 1, 2022 at 6:36 am
ROLLING STONES Great Rock Artists 2/ Live Best (Rare 1983 Japanese-only 12-track LP compilation, housed in a unique picture sleeve complete with English lyric insert. There was never an obi issued with this pressing due to being a mail order only release. The sleeve displays some light general wear and the vinyl shows only a few light signs of play, overall an Excellent example IL-3030)
- The Rolling Stones - I Go Wild - US - CD single - Promo - £18.00, $19.98, €20.52 (New Item) (arrived 23-Sep-2022 17:04)on October 1, 2022 at 6:36 am
ROLLING STONES I Go Wild (1995 US 1-track promotional only CD featuring the Album Version, issued to reviewers and radio with a custom picture sleeve and back inlay DPRO-12709)
- The Rolling Stones - Get Stoned - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $16.65, €17.10 (New Item) (arrived 27-Sep-2022 10:12)on October 1, 2022 at 6:36 am
ROLLING STONES Get Stoned - 30 Greatest Hits (1977 UK 30-track double LP compilation featuring original recordings, housed in a gatefold picture sleeve with a montage of Stones images inside the centre. The sleeve shows some minor creases or edge wear, whilst both vinyl discs appear Excellent with the odd faint paper hairline/scuff not affecting play ADEP32)
- The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup - 1st + Credits insert - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $33.30, €34.20 (New Item) (arrived 27-Sep-2022 11:48)on October 1, 2022 at 6:36 am
ROLLING STONES Goat's Head Soup (1973 UK 10-track vinyl LP, housed in the gatefold picture sleeve with tracklisting/credits insert. The sleeve shows only minor wear and the vinyl shows only the lightest signs of play COC59101)