King Crimson have announced that they will release a new live album, Music Is Our Friend (Live in Washington and Albany, 2021), through DGM on November 19.
The new two-disc set forms part of the band’s ‘official bootleg’ series, and was recorded at the band’s shows at The Anthem in Washington and at The Egg in Albany on their recent 2021 tour. The set features the whole of the Washington shows, with four additional songs recorded in Albany
Music Is Our Friend (Live in Washington and Albany, 2021) features a restored middle section of Larks’ Tongues In Aspic Part One that had not been played since 1973, substantial keyboard arrangements, Tony Levin on upright bass during Neurotica giving the piece an extra swing, an emotional set-closer Starless and an immensely powerful 21st Century Schizoid Man as an encore.
The Washington show proved to be the last show of the new North American run of dates. When King Crimson performed its debut gig in the US in 1969, 21st Century Schizoid Man was the set opener. When they played in Washington this year, it was
the final piece played.
The two-disc set (you can see artwork and tracklisting below) also features a booklet featuring photos by bassist Tony Levin and manager David Singleton, diary entries from Robert Fripp and a great insightful piece ‘Touring in the time of Covid, also from Singleton.
King Crimson: Music Is Our Friend
1. Introductory Soundscape
2. The Hell Hounds Of Krim
3. Larks’ Tongues In Aspic Part I
4. Pictures Of A City
5. The Court Of The Crimson King
7. Tony Cadenza Deals It Slitheryacious-To-The-Max
9. One More Red Nightmare
2. Radical Action II
3. Level Five
5. 21st Century Schizoid Man
6. Tony Cadenza Serves It Piping Hot
8. Larks’ Tongues In Aspic Part II
Explore eil.com & 991.com sister – the world’s best online store for rare, collectable & out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £40.00, $49.20, €47.20 (New Item) (arrived 11-May-2022 12:59)on May 17, 2022 at 5:54 am
KING CRIMSON Larks' Tongues In Aspic (1973 UK 6-track LP on the pink rim 'palm tree' label, pinched spine picture sleeve. The front of the sleeve has general storeagewear and is graded as VG+. The vinyl has just a few light paper hairline scuffs not upsetting play and remains in EX- condition. A very respectable copy offered at an advantageous price ILPS9230)
- King Crimson - Starless And Bible Black + Inner - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £125.00, $153.75, €147.50 (New Item) (arrived 01-Apr-2022 11:54)on May 17, 2022 at 5:54 am
KING CRIMSON Starless & Bible Black (1974 UK first issue 8-track vinyl LP on the pink rim 'palm tree' Island label, the sixth studio album from the legendary English progressive rockers. The textured gatefold picture sleeve shows just a littleage yellowing & minor surface marks [light foxing] which is common for white sleeve of this release but displays no seam splits or tears and comes complete with the rare flipback lyric inner which also displays no seam splits. The vinyl remains in superb EXcondition with only a couple of light surface scuffs to indicate light use, remaining seldom played. A nice copy of an essential Crim classic - recommended! ILPS9275)
- King Crimson - The King Crimson Collectors Club 1-21 - UK - CD album - £395.00, $485.85, €466.10 (New Item) (arrived 18-Mar-2022 17:27)on May 17, 2022 at 5:54 am
KING CRIMSON The King Crimson Collectors Club 1-21 (Rare 1998-2002 UK 24-CD set of exclusive Crimson Collectors Club releases, launched by DGM in '98 as a service that regularly released live recordings of concerts throughout their incredible career. Volumes 1 to 21 are represented here, ranging from Live At The Marquee, 1969 to Live In Nashville, TN 2001. See 'more details' for the full list of titles...)
- King Crimson - Earthbound - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.45, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 19-Mar-2022 15:38)on May 17, 2022 at 5:54 am
KING CRIMSON Earthbound (1972 UK first press 5-track LP of live recordings on a black Island label with pink 'i' logo, matt title sleeve with black Island inner. The sleeve shows some light edge scuffing and ringwear, whilst the vinyl has just few cosmetic surface scuffs - a very respectable VG copy for a great price! HELP6)
- King Crimson - The Young Person's Guide To King Crimson - Japanese - 2-LP vinyl set - £75.00, $92.25, €88.50 (New Item) (arrived 21-Mar-2022 09:43)on May 17, 2022 at 5:54 am
KING CRIMSON The Young Person's Guide To King Crimson (1980 Japanese 15-track double vinyl LP introduction to The Crim, including Ladies Of The Road, Red, Book Of Saturday and Trio, gatefold picture sleeve with 8-page picture insert, English/Japanese lyric insert and obi-strip. The sleeve displays just a little light edge & corner wear, whilst the vinyl shows minimal signs of being played P-4642~3A)