The Beatles: Get Back, a new book telling the stories behind The Beatles’ final studio album Let It Be, is to be released in 2021. It will be the first official Beatles book released by the band since 2000’s The Beatles Anthology.
Featuring unseen images from Linda McCartney and Ethan A. Russell, whose photographs feature on the sleeve of Let It Be, the 240-page hardback book will include transcribed conversations drawn from the quartet’s 140 hours of studio recording sessions, edited by writer John Harris.
It also features a foreword from film director Peter Jackson, whose documentary about the album, also titled The Beatles: Get Back, will be released on August 27, 2021. Novelist Hanif Kureishi has written an introduction to the story.
The book will be published by Apple and Callaway Arts on August 31, 2021.
“It’s a joyous story,” says Callaway Arts and Entertainment CEO Nicholas Callaway. “It’s a very happy story about four geniuses gathering together in complete creative collaboration and making one last hurrah after changing the world through their music.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's - 1st - Complete - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £295.00, $365.80, €348.10 (New Item) (arrived 19-May-2022 09:37)on May 19, 2022 at 12:49 pm
THE BEATLES Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967 UK first press 13-track MONO vinyl LP with 'Gramophone Co' & 'Sold In The UK' label credits, complete with intact sheet of cut-outs & 'flame' inner, fully laminated internal flipback gatefold picture sleeve PMC7027) See 'more info' for further details on the condition of this rarity...
- The Beatles - The Beatles' Second Album - Red Vinyl - Japanese - vinyl LP - £125.00, $155.00, €147.50 (New Item) (arrived 14-May-2022 09:42)on May 19, 2022 at 12:49 pm
THE BEATLES The Beatles' Second Album (1964 Japanese 14-track 'Japanese Version' LP pressed on RED 'Ever Clean' vinyl & manufactured by Toshiba Musical Industries [no 'Long Playing' text on label]. Comes housed ina fully silk laminated picture sleeve with scalloped flipbacks, English lyric insert & envelope style advertising inner. The delicate cover [VG+] shows some light ring wear with some minor foxing to the insert. The vinyl is clean & grades VG/VG- with multiple paper hairline scuffs & spindle marks either side which have light effect on play OR7058)
- The Beatles - Abbey Road - Deletion Cut - US - picture disc LP - £125.00, $155.00, €147.50 (New Item) (arrived 11-May-2022 14:59)on May 19, 2022 at 12:49 pm
THE BEATLES Abbey Road (Original 1978 US 17-track Picture Disc issue of their 1969 eleventh studio LP, including the single Something / Come Together. The unique die-cut picture sleeve has the tracklisting printed on the reverse and displays a deletion notch-cut to the spine edge as well as a little shelfwear creasing while the vinyl remains in EX condition SEAX-11900)
- The Beatles - The Beatles / 1967-1970 - 1st - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £25.00, $31.00, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 11-May-2022 15:05)on May 19, 2022 at 12:49 pm
THE BEATLES The Beatles / 1967-1970 (1973 UK 28-track double compilation LP, complete with matching blue lyric inners, front laminated gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minimal wear, the inners have splits all along the bottoms, whilstthe vinyl appears barely played PCSP718)
- The Beatles - The Beatles / 1962-1966 - 1st - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £25.00, $31.00, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 11-May-2022 15:07)on May 19, 2022 at 12:49 pm
THE BEATLES The Beatles / 1962-1966 (1973 UK first press 26-track double LP compilation, housed in the original front laminated gatefold picture sleeve with matching red bevelled corner lyric inners. The packaging is Excellent with the usual small edge split to the inners & the vinyl remains in Excellent condition with just a few minor signs of play PCSP717)