The Beatles: Get Back, a new book telling the stories behind The Beatles’ final studio album Let It Be, is to be released in 2021. It will be the first official Beatles book released by the band since 2000’s The Beatles Anthology.
Featuring unseen images from Linda McCartney and Ethan A. Russell, whose photographs feature on the sleeve of Let It Be, the 240-page hardback book will include transcribed conversations drawn from the quartet’s 140 hours of studio recording sessions, edited by writer John Harris.
It also features a foreword from film director Peter Jackson, whose documentary about the album, also titled The Beatles: Get Back, will be released on August 27, 2021. Novelist Hanif Kureishi has written an introduction to the story.
The book will be published by Apple and Callaway Arts on August 31, 2021.
“It’s a joyous story,” says Callaway Arts and Entertainment CEO Nicholas Callaway. “It’s a very happy story about four geniuses gathering together in complete creative collaboration and making one last hurrah after changing the world through their music.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Beatles - Early Years (1) - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $33.25, €29.25 (New Item) (arrived 02-Dec-2021 13:01)on December 3, 2021 at 3:34 am
THE BEATLES Early Years (1) (1981 UK 10-track vinyl live LP featuring a selection of songs given the inimitable Beatles treatment, blemishes and all, live in Hamburg in 1962, unique picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minimal wear and the vinyl appears barely played PHX1004)
- The Beatles - The Beatles / 1962-1970 - Coloured - UK - 4-LP vinyl set - £150.00, $199.50, €175.50 (Back In Stock) (arrived 01-Dec-2021 09:38)on December 3, 2021 at 3:34 am
THE BEATLES The Beatles / 1962-1970 (1978 UK limited edition 54-track pairing of both double LP sets: '1962-1966' on RED vinyl & '1967-1970' on BLUE vinyl, complete with matching colour lyric inners, & front laminated gatefold picture sleeves. The sleeves shows just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains in superb condition with few signs of play PCSPR717/B718)
- The Beatles - Rock N Roll Music Volume 2 - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $13.30, €11.70 (New Item) (arrived 29-Nov-2021 15:17)on December 3, 2021 at 3:34 am
THE BEATLES Rock N Roll Music Vol. 2 (1980 UK issue of the 1976 14-track LP compilation, including many Fab Four classics up to & including 'Get Back'. The picture sleeve is Excellent with small sticker to back & the vinyl grades Excellent with barely any play MFP50507)
- The Beatles - Beatles For Sale - All Rights - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $26.60, €23.40 (Back In Stock) (arrived 29-Nov-2021 15:31)on December 3, 2021 at 3:34 am
THE BEATLES Beatles For Sale (1980 UK issue of the 1964 14-track stereo LP on the two box EMI logo label with 'All Rights' perimeter text, housed in a glossy internal pocket gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minor age wear & the vinylis Near Mint PCS3062)
- The Beatles - Help! - 180gm Vinyl - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $26.60, €23.40 (New Item) (arrived 29-Nov-2021 17:04)on December 3, 2021 at 3:34 am
THE BEATLES Help! (2012 UK/EU limited edition remastered issue of their 1965 14-track stereo LP pressed on 180gram Heavyweight Vinyl with labels replicating the original design, including the classics Ticket To Ride and the title track. The glossy picture sleeve shows a little shelfwear creasing to the bottom left corner but the vinyl looks barely played)