The Beatles: Get Back, a new book telling the stories behind The Beatles’ final studio album Let It Be, is to be released in 2021. It will be the first official Beatles book released by the band since 2000’s The Beatles Anthology.
Featuring unseen images from Linda McCartney and Ethan A. Russell, whose photographs feature on the sleeve of Let It Be, the 240-page hardback book will include transcribed conversations drawn from the quartet’s 140 hours of studio recording sessions, edited by writer John Harris.
It also features a foreword from film director Peter Jackson, whose documentary about the album, also titled The Beatles: Get Back, will be released on August 27, 2021. Novelist Hanif Kureishi has written an introduction to the story.
The book will be published by Apple and Callaway Arts on August 31, 2021.
“It’s a joyous story,” says Callaway Arts and Entertainment CEO Nicholas Callaway. “It’s a very happy story about four geniuses gathering together in complete creative collaboration and making one last hurrah after changing the world through their music.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Beatles - Beatles For Sale - 1st - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £195.00, $269.10, €228.15 (New Item) (arrived 24-Jul-2021 15:50)on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm
THE BEATLES Beatles For Sale (1964 UK first issue 14-track mono vinyl LP on the black & yellow Parlophone label, with 'The Parlophone Co Ltd', 'Sold In The UK' & 'Recording First Published 1964' print, 'Emitex' inner & front laminated internalpocket gatefold flipback picture sleeve PMC1240) See 'more info' for further details ...
- The Beatles - Abbey Road - VG - UK - cd album box set - £35.00, $48.30, €40.95 (New Item) (arrived 22-Jul-2021 15:09)on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm
THE BEATLES Abbey Road (1987 UK HMV limited edition individually numbered CD box set comprising the 17-track CD album, two different posters & an eight page booklet, all housed in a superb 12" picture box. The box shows a few light storage marks and the contents are in excellent condition BEACD25/7)
- The Beatles - Let It Be - Pathé - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $69.00, €58.50 (New Item) (arrived 22-Jul-2021 13:05)on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm
THE BEATLES Let It Be (Rare 1973 12-track vinyl LP. This album is a UK issue which was pressed under contract by Pathé Marconi in France. The Apple labels state both 'Mfd In UK' & 'Made In France By Pathé Marconi'. The reason behind this is that the EMI pressing plant in Hayes, UK was undergoing refurbishment at the time, UK manufactured fully laminated picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just light shelfwear & the vinyl appears barely played PCS7088)
- The Beatles - Silver Beatles - US - picture disc LP - £30.00, $41.40, €35.10 (New Item) (arrived 22-Jul-2021 14:26)on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm
THE BEATLES Silver Beatles (1982 US 10-track LP Picture Disc, featuring material recorded early 1961 with portraits matching the inserts from 'The Beatles [White Album]', including 'Take Good Care Of My Baby', clear PVC sleeve AR30003)
- The Beatles - Something New - Blue Label - VG - German - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.70, €17.55 (New Item) (arrived 22-Jul-2021 14:38)on July 24, 2021 at 9:09 pm
THE BEATLES Something New (1970s German 11-track stereo LP on the light blue Odeon label, glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve displays some minor wear mostly to the edges and is graded Very Good, whilst the vinyl shows only light signs of play 1C062-04600)