David Bowie’s ‘The Man Who Sold The World’ is set to be reissued with the title the star originally wanted to use for it and new artwork.
The record, which was Bowie’s third studio album, was released in 1970 and included tracks including ‘All The Madmen’, ‘Running Gun Blues’ and the title track.
To mark its 50th anniversary, ‘The Man Who Sold The World’ will be re-released as ‘Metrobolist’. Bowie initially wanted to use this title as a tribute to the 1927 film of the same name by Fritz Lang. However, Mercury Records changed the name of the record at the last minute without seeking Bowie’s approval first.
‘Metrobolist’ will be re-released on November 6 via Parlophone Records with new artwork. It will also feature unseen images from a Keith MacMillan shoot at Haddon Hall and will be pressed on 180-gram black vinyl as well as limited edition, numbered gold and white vinyl. The latter two will be distributed randomly.
The artwork for David Bowie’s ‘Metrobolist’ CREDIT: Press
‘The Width Of A Circle’
‘All The Madmen’
‘Black Country Rock’
‘Running Gun Blues’
‘She Shook Me Cold’
‘The Man Who Sold The World’
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- David Bowie - ChangesTwoBowie - German - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.45, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 13:19)on February 3, 2023 at 5:25 pm
DAVID BOWIE ChangesTwoBowie (1983 German black RCA label issue of the 1981 10-track LP compilation, glossy picture sleeve with discography inner. The sleeve & vinyl are in Excellent condition with just a little minor shelf wear & very little play PL84202)
- David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World - 2nd - Complete - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $61.50, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 12:49)on February 3, 2023 at 5:25 pm
DAVID BOWIE The Man Who Sold The World (1977 UK issue of the classic 1971 9-track LP on an orange RCA label with 'Mainman' credit, complete with the matte picture sleeve with 'Mainman' credit on the back, illustrated lyric inner & fold-out poster featuring the album artwork. The sleeve is Excellent with some minor shelf wear [common split in bottom of inner], the poster is unused & the vinyl is nice & clean & in Excellent condition with few signs of play. Now hard to find with all itscomponents in check LSP-4816)
- David Bowie - Low - German - vinyl LP - £30.00, $36.90, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 12:45)on February 3, 2023 at 5:25 pm
DAVID BOWIE Low (1984 German black label issue of the 1977 11-track LP, his eleventh studio album including the singles Sound & Vision, Be My Wife & Breaking Glass, barcoded glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minimal wear & the vinyl looks barely played NL83856)
- David Bowie - Tonight - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $12.30, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 12:46)on February 3, 2023 at 5:25 pm
DAVID BOWIE Tonight (1984 UK 9-track vinyl LP including the singles Blue Jean, Tonight [with Tina Turner] & Loving The Alien. The glossy picture sleeve shows just a little shelfwear and comes with its lyric inner while the vinyl is in Excellent condition with few signs of play DB1)
- David Bowie - ChangesOneBowie - Canadian - vinyl LP - £25.00, $30.75, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 12:46)on February 3, 2023 at 5:25 pm
DAVID BOWIE ChangesOneBowie (1976 Canadian 11-track LP compilation, picture sleeve with Canadian flag emblem. The sleeve has some storage wear including some light foxing and scuffing on the spine; the vinyl shows only light signs of play, overall an excellent copy CPL1-1732)