David Bowie’s ‘The Man Who Sold The World’ is set to be reissued with the title the star originally wanted to use for it and new artwork.
The record, which was Bowie’s third studio album, was released in 1970 and included tracks including ‘All The Madmen’, ‘Running Gun Blues’ and the title track.
To mark its 50th anniversary, ‘The Man Who Sold The World’ will be re-released as ‘Metrobolist’. Bowie initially wanted to use this title as a tribute to the 1927 film of the same name by Fritz Lang. However, Mercury Records changed the name of the record at the last minute without seeking Bowie’s approval first.
‘Metrobolist’ will be re-released on November 6 via Parlophone Records with new artwork. It will also feature unseen images from a Keith MacMillan shoot at Haddon Hall and will be pressed on 180-gram black vinyl as well as limited edition, numbered gold and white vinyl. The latter two will be distributed randomly.
The artwork for David Bowie’s ‘Metrobolist’ CREDIT: Press
‘The Width Of A Circle’
‘All The Madmen’
‘Black Country Rock’
‘Running Gun Blues’
‘She Shook Me Cold’
‘The Man Who Sold The World’
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- David Bowie - Changesonebowie - 1st - stickered - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 13-Apr-2021 07:50)on April 16, 2021 at 12:26 pm
DAVID BOWIE Changesonebowie (Original 1976 UK orange label 11-track LP compilation, including Space Oddity, Ziggy Stardust, Jean Genie, Rebel Rebel, Suffragette City & John I'm Only Dancing [its first appearance on album & a different mix to the single release]. The picture sleeve [VG+] retains the original hype sticker & shows a bit of foxing on the back with age whilst the vinyl is clean & in Excellent condition with very little play RS1055)
- David Bowie - Underground - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.88, €8.96 (Back In Stock) (arrived 10-Apr-2021 15:38)on April 16, 2021 at 12:26 pm
DAVID BOWIE Underground (1986 UK 7" vinyl single featuring the Edited & Instrumental Versions of the song taken from the 'Labyrinth' movie soundtrack, picture sleeve EA216)
- David Bowie - David Live - 2nd - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 09-Apr-2021 10:53)on April 16, 2021 at 12:26 pm
DAVID BOWIE David Live (1974 UK orange label 17-track double LP, recorded live during Bowie's Diamond Dogs tour, specifically the shows on July 12th & 13th, 1974 at Philadelphia's Tower Theatre. The gatefold picture sleeve has the correct concert dates printed inside, and displays only light wear, and aside from the odd hairline paper scuff the vinyl itself remains in superb condition)
- David Bowie - Let's Dance - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 10-Apr-2021 11:55)on April 16, 2021 at 12:26 pm
DAVID BOWIE Let's Dance (1983 UK 8-track vinyl LP produced by Chic's Nile Rodgers and featuring the guitar genius of a then unknown Stevie Ray Vaughan, glossy picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inner. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear with a seam split to the inner, and the vinyl remains in excellent condition with just a few signs of play AML3029)
- David Bowie - Alabama Song - Poster Sleeve - EX - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $13.60, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 10-Apr-2021 14:00)on April 16, 2021 at 12:26 pm
DAVID BOWIE Alabama Song (1980 UK 7" single with four-prong centre, also featuring Space Oddity, housed in a superb full colour fold-out poster sleeve. The poster has some light ring wear ageing & the vinyl is Excellent & still looks barely played BOW5)