A new video for Creedence Clearwater Revival‘s classic Long As I Can See The Light has been released. The video has been launched in time for Father’s Day, and features video clips and photos of appropriate memories submitted by CCR fans.
Long As I Can See The Light was originally found on the band’s album Cosmo’s Factory, which was released in July 1970. To mark the anniversary, the album is being reissued as a half-speed mastered, 180g vinyl edition by Craft Recordings on August 14. The album was mastered at Abbey Road Studio.
A statement accompanying the release reads, “Using high-res transfers from the original analog tapes, the mastering process involves playing back the audio at half its recorded speed, while the cutting lathe is turned at half the desired playback speed.
“The technique allows more time to cut a micro-precise groove, resulting in more accuracy with frequency extremes and dynamic contrasts. The result on the turntables is an exceptional level of sonic clarity and punch.”
This pressing of the album comes in a tip-on jacket, and has only been available previously as part of the band’s Studio Albums Collection box set, which was released in December 2018.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.50, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 14-Oct-2021 09:02)on October 21, 2021 at 8:54 am
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Bayou Country (1969 UK first issue 7-track vinyl LP on the blue & turquoise Liberty label, featuring the emotional 'Proud Mary' at the heart of the album, fully laminated pinched spine picture sleeve. The sleeve shows a little lifting to the laminate along the spine & some creasing but remains respectable. The vinyl shows just a few light surface scuffs & some light spindle marks around the centre hole after fifty-plus years in the wild. A very acceptable, if not mint, copy of this great album LBS83261)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy And The Poor Boys - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £35.00, $48.30, €41.30 (New Item) (arrived 12-Oct-2021 15:58)on October 21, 2021 at 8:54 am
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Willy & The Poor Boys (1970 UK first press 10-track LP on the blue & turquoise Liberty label, filled with joyful & breezy tracks including the gleeful single 'Down on the Corner', textured picture sleeve. The sleeve [VG+] shows some edge scuffing and the previous owner has signed their name on the back & the vinyl grades VG+/EX- with several spindle marks & signs of axial wear not affecting play - One of the greatest pure rock & roll records ever released!LBS83338)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory - 1st - F/L - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $69.00, €59.00 (New Item) (arrived 07-Oct-2021 16:57)on October 21, 2021 at 8:54 am
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Cosmo's Factory (1970 UK first press 11-track stereo LP on the black Liberty label, an album filled with raging rockers, covers & intense jams, including a magnificent eleven minute version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine. The front-laminated picture sleeve was printed by Upton Printing Group & has some mild laminate creasing whilst the vinyl displays some faint surface scuffs & spindle wear to show for its FIFTY years but overall remains in VG condition! LBS83388)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou Country - German - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.70, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 22-Sep-2021 11:46)on October 21, 2021 at 8:54 am
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL Bayou Country (1984 German issue of the 1969 7-track LP, glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little wear & the vinyl appears barely played FASLP5003)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - The Creedence Collection - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $27.60, €23.60 (New Item) (arrived 15-Sep-2021 15:16)on October 21, 2021 at 8:54 am
CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL The Creedence Collection (1985 UK 24-track double vinyl LP compilation, featuring a digitally remastered collection of Creedence classics, housed in a gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve displays just a little light wear with a scuff on the top edge, whilst the vinyl remains in a 'near mint' condition IMDP3)