The Rolling Stones have announced a new single, Living In A Ghost Town.
The song was finished in isolation in Los Angeles and London, and is the band’s first release of original material since 2012, when Doom And Gloom and One More Shot were included on the compilation album GRRR!
Living In A Ghost Town, a relaxed piece of reggae-infused rock, is available on streaming platforms now.
“So the Stones were in the studio recording some new material before the lockdown and there was one song we thought would resonate through the times that we’re living in right now,” says Mick Jagger. “We’ve worked on it in isolation. And here it is – I hope you like it.”
Keith Richards adds, “So, let’s cut a long story short. We cut this track well over a year ago in L.A. for part of a new album, an ongoing thing, and then shit hit the fan Mick and I decided this one really needed to go to work right now and so here you have it. Stay safe!”
Drummer Charlie Watts says, “I enjoyed working on this track. I think it captures a mood and I hope people who listen to it will agree,” while guitarist Ronnie Wood remarks, “Thanks so much for all your messages these past few weeks, it means so much to us that you enjoy the music. So we have a brand new track for you, we hope you enjoy it. It has a haunting melody.”
Living In A Ghost Town is also available in limited 10″ orange and purple vinyl editions, which will be released on June 26, and a CD, due on May 29.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet - 1st - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £250.00, $275.00, €282.50 (New Item) (arrived 30-Sep-2022 16:49)on September 30, 2022 at 5:37 pm
ROLLING STONES Beggars Banquet (Rare 1968 UK first press 10-track stereo vinyl LP, on the original dark blue label with silver text & the unboxed Decca logo with no speed indicator, complete with the original Garrod & Lofthouse front laminated gatefold picture sleeve with the 'Patents Pending' text in the bottom right corner on the reverse SKL4955) See 'More Info' for the details..
- The Rolling Stones - Great Rock Artists 2/ Live Best - Japanese - vinyl LP - £150.00, $165.00, €169.50 (New Item) (arrived 27-Sep-2022 16:16)on September 30, 2022 at 5:37 pm
ROLLING STONES Great Rock Artists 2/ Live Best (Rare 1983 Japanese-only 12-track LP compilation, housed in a unique picture sleeve complete with English lyric insert. There was never an obi issued with this pressing due to being a mail order only release. The sleeve displays some light general wear and the vinyl shows only a few light signs of play, overall an Excellent example IL-3030)
- The Rolling Stones - I Go Wild - US - CD single - Promo - £18.00, $19.80, €20.34 (New Item) (arrived 23-Sep-2022 17:04)on September 30, 2022 at 5:37 pm
ROLLING STONES I Go Wild (1995 US 1-track promotional only CD featuring the Album Version, issued to reviewers and radio with a custom picture sleeve and back inlay DPRO-12709)
- The Rolling Stones - Get Stoned - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $16.50, €16.95 (New Item) (arrived 27-Sep-2022 10:12)on September 30, 2022 at 5:37 pm
ROLLING STONES Get Stoned - 30 Greatest Hits (1977 UK 30-track double LP compilation featuring original recordings, housed in a gatefold picture sleeve with a montage of Stones images inside the centre. The sleeve shows some minor creases or edge wear, whilst both vinyl discs appear Excellent with the odd faint paper hairline/scuff not affecting play ADEP32)
- The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup - 1st + Credits insert - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $33.00, €33.90 (New Item) (arrived 27-Sep-2022 11:48)on September 30, 2022 at 5:37 pm
ROLLING STONES Goat's Head Soup (1973 UK 10-track vinyl LP, housed in the gatefold picture sleeve with tracklisting/credits insert. The sleeve shows only minor wear and the vinyl shows only the lightest signs of play COC59101)