The Rolling Stones have announced a new single, Living In A Ghost Town.
The song was finished in isolation in Los Angeles and London, and is the band’s first release of original material since 2012, when Doom And Gloom and One More Shot were included on the compilation album GRRR!
Living In A Ghost Town, a relaxed piece of reggae-infused rock, is available on streaming platforms now.
“So the Stones were in the studio recording some new material before the lockdown and there was one song we thought would resonate through the times that we’re living in right now,” says Mick Jagger. “We’ve worked on it in isolation. And here it is – I hope you like it.”
Keith Richards adds, “So, let’s cut a long story short. We cut this track well over a year ago in L.A. for part of a new album, an ongoing thing, and then shit hit the fan Mick and I decided this one really needed to go to work right now and so here you have it. Stay safe!”
Drummer Charlie Watts says, “I enjoyed working on this track. I think it captures a mood and I hope people who listen to it will agree,” while guitarist Ronnie Wood remarks, “Thanks so much for all your messages these past few weeks, it means so much to us that you enjoy the music. So we have a brand new track for you, we hope you enjoy it. It has a haunting melody.”
Living In A Ghost Town is also available in limited 10″ orange and purple vinyl editions, which will be released on June 26, and a CD, due on May 29.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Rolling Stones - She's So Cold - 4pr - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $14.10, €11.60 (New Item) (arrived 15-Jun-2021 09:01)on June 18, 2021 at 1:00 am
ROLLING STONES She's So Cold (1980 UK 7" vinyl single with an intact four prong centre, also including Send It To Me. Picture sleeve RSR106)
- Rolling Stones - The Very Best Of - Japanese - vinyl LP - £35.00, $49.35, €40.60 (New Item) (arrived 08-Jun-2021 11:10)on June 18, 2021 at 1:00 am
ROLLING STONES The Very Best Of (1976 Japanese-only 12-track LP, housed in a unique picture sleeve featuring a colour live shot of Mick & all album notes in Japanese. Includes the English lyric insert. The sleeve shows very little of its age or origin & the vinyl is near mint LAX5007)
- Rolling Stones - Bridges To Babylon + Interview - UK - 2-CD album set - Promo - £14.99, $21.14, €17.39 (New Item) (arrived 04-Jun-2021 16:41)on June 18, 2021 at 1:00 am
ROLLING STONES Bridges To Babylon + Interview (1997 original UK promotional-only double CD set, comprising the complete studio album plus a bonus CD featuring an exclusive interview with long-time music journalist Paul Sexton. Created specially for the extensive marketing campaign around this album. Housed inside a double-size fold-out digipak picture sleeve with the interview questions printed inside, and integral lyric booklet)
- Rolling Stones - Start Me Up - US - 7" vinyl - £12.99, $18.32, €15.07 (New Item) (arrived 04-Jun-2021 17:08)on June 18, 2021 at 1:00 am
ROLLING STONES Start Me Up (1981 US wide centred 7" vinyl single, also including No Use In Crying, paper picture sleeve with import sticker to the reverse. The sleeve has minimal wear whilst the vinyl is in 'near as new' condition with very little signs of play RS21003)
- Rolling Stones - Almost Hear You Sigh - UK - 7" vinyl - £20.00, $28.20, €23.20 (New Item) (arrived 05-Jun-2021 09:42)on June 18, 2021 at 1:00 am
ROLLING STONES Almost Hear You Sigh (1990 UK 3-track 7" vinyl single, also including Wish I'd Never Met You & the previously unreleased Mixed Emotions, picture sleeve)