From Ultimate Classic Rock.
While there’s no official announcement yet, listings for two-CD and three-LP Deluxe Editions, and well as a Super Deluxe Edition have appeared on Amazon with a release date of March 27. In addition to a remaster of the original album that was made in 2015 at Abbey Road Studios, the collection will add unreleased live cuts from the tour in support of the album and a 20-page book comprised of photos from the band’s archive and re-imagined artwork by Hugh Syme. The track listing is below.
The Super Deluxe Edition contains both the CDs and vinyl formats, and adds a 12,000-word essay and 20 pages to the book found in the Deluxe Edition. Bonus content includes a 20-page notepad using the letterhead from Morin Heights, Quebec’s Le Studio, where the album was recorded; two replica tour programs (the official as well as the unofficial U.K.-only The Words & Pictures Volume II); backstage laminates; a double-sided poster and lyrics to three songs (“The Spirit of Radio,” “Entre Nous” and “Natural Science”) handwritten by drummer Neil Peart.
The Rush Is a Band fan site believes that the reason there is no 5.1 surround sound mix on Blu-ray, as there was when 1978’s Hemispheres got a similar treatment a few years ago, is because the original masters were lost when Trident Studios, where Permanent Waves was mixed, went out of business.
“I just don’t think we have the masters for that record,” guitarist Alex Lifeson told Metal Express Radio said. “That is typical of those days. Your recordings would stay at the studio where you last worked. You’d get home and the master tapes would go to be mastered, and then the record was released and they would keep your masters as it was safer that way. When we did Permanent Waves, Trident kept the masters, but they went bankrupt and everything disappeared, so we don’t have the multi-track masters for that one.”
1. “The Spirit of Radio”
3. “Jacob’s Ladder”
4. “Entre Nous”
5. “Different Strings”
6. “Natural Science”
1. “Beneath, Between & Behind” (Live in Manchester)
2.” By-Tor & the Snow Dog” (Live in London)
3. “Xanadu” (Live in London)
4. “The Spirit of Radio” (Live in Manchester)
5. “Natural Science” (Live in Manchester)
6. “The Trees” (Live in Manchester)
7. “Cygnus X-1” (Live in London)
8. “Cygnus X-1 Book II” (Live in London)
9. “Closer to the Heart” (Live in Manchester)
10. “Jacob’s Ladder” (Live in Missouri)
11. “Freewill” (Live in London)
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Rush - 2112 - Twenty One Twelve - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.45, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 30-Jan-2023 15:35)on February 3, 2023 at 7:46 pm
RUSH 2112 (1983 UK issue of the classic 1976 6-track vinyl LP, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows moderate wear and the vinyl has just a few minor scuffs, but remains in excellent condition PRICE79)
- Rush - The Spirit Of Radio - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $12.30, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 15-Nov-2022 15:57)on February 3, 2023 at 7:46 pm
RUSH The Spirit Of Radio (1980 UK injection moulded 7" vinyl single, also including The Trees, Phonogram group die-cut paper sleeve. RADIO7)
- Rush - Through Time - Dutch - vinyl LP - £35.00, $43.05, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 09-Nov-2022 16:33)on February 3, 2023 at 7:46 pm
RUSH Through Time (1978 Dutch 11-track LP compilation, housed in a sleeve featuring a live shot of the band on the front & a back catalogue pictorial on the back. The sleeve shows minimal wear & the vinyl looks barely played)
- Rush - All The World's A Stage - Canadian - 2-LP vinyl set - £25.00, $30.75, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 10-Nov-2022 10:46)on February 3, 2023 at 7:46 pm
RUSH All The World's A Stage (1977 Canadian issue 12-track Anthem label double vinyl LP which was recorded live at Toronto's Massey Hall over three nights in June 1976. The tri-fold picture sleeve with some minor ringwear & shelf scuffing visible however, the vinylremains Excellent with only a few light signs of play ANR-2-1005)
- Rush - A Farewell To Kings - EX - UK - tour programme - £40.00, $49.20, €44.80 (New Item) (arrived 14-Nov-2022 11:47)on February 3, 2023 at 7:46 pm
RUSH A Farewell To Kings World Tour 77-78 Exclusive Concert Edition (Rare 1978 UK 24-page tour programme for their UK Winter Tour, with this leg dating from Birmingham Odeon on the 12th February to Southampton Gaumont on the 27th, featuring a selection of black & white images by the legendary Fin Costello. There are some cosmetic marks on the cover with a little scuffing but otherwise this collector's copy grades Excellent, with just minor signs of handling over the years with no writing or tears)