A recent article in The Telegraph took a deep dive into how New Order’s iconic 1983 single, Blue Monday, “Broke every single law of record sleeve design.” The full article also talks to sleeve designer, Peter Saville, who goes into detail about how the sleeve almost ruined him.
We have a number of New Order items currently in stock, as over 35 years after the release of Blue Monday they continue to be a favourite among electro, indie and new wave fans. You can see some highlights below, and take a look at our collectors store for more rare and collectable titles.
NEW ORDER Movement (2019 UK Limited Edition FOUR-DISC Multi-Format set which comprises a remastered version of their classic 1981 debut album pressed on 180gram Heavyweight Vinyl [nestled in its original sleeve] and CD [in a replica mini album sleeve]; accompanied by a Bonus CD of previously unreleased recordings and a DVD of live shows and TV appearances. Complete with a 48-page hardbound book, all four discs are BRAND NEW & unplayed housed within the fantastic sealed 13″ x 13″ x 1.5″ textured & silver title embossed two-piece box!).
NEW ORDER Retro (2002 UK London 57-track promotional 4 x CD-R acetate set issued to promote the box set, custom printed discs & picture/tracklisting inlays).
NEW ORDER Technique (Classic 1989 UK 9-track vinyl LP, where the band completely shook off their indie roots, went to Ibiza and fully embraced dance music, complete with matching picture inner, glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little shelfwear with the barcode struck out in pen, whilst the vinyl has very little sign of play FACT275).
Be sure to check out the rest of our New Order rarities on eil.com
If you are looking to purchase items you can contact us through WhatsApp, email, eil.com website live Chat, or call 01474 815 010. If you have any items to sell, please call us on 01474 815099 or email the buying team
eil.com – the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987
- New Order - Round And Round - UK - 7" vinyl - £9.99, $12.49, €11.19 (New Item) (arrived 24-Jun-2020 14:39)
NEW ORDER Round And Round (1989 UK solid centre 7" vinyl single on the Factory label, also including Best & Marsh, thin card picture sleeve. The sleeve displays just a little light wear whilst the vinyl looks barely played FAC263/7)
- New Order - Blue Monday - 3rd - EX - UK - 12" vinyl - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 23-Jun-2020 08:47)
NEW ORDER Blue Monday (Classic 1983 UK 12" single, also including The Beach, housed in a glossy non die-cut Peter Saville sleeve. The sleeve shows only minor wear & the vinyl has minimal sign of play FAC73)
- New Order - Confusion - 1st - EX - UK - 12" vinyl - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 22-Jun-2020 09:59)
NEW ORDER Confusion (1984 UK limited edition 4-track 12" single, also featuring the Rough Mix, Instrumental & Confused Beats. housed in the first edition embossed picture sleeve. The sleeve displays some light general wear with a touch of fading to the spine, whilst the vinyl remains excellent with light signs of play only FAC93)
- New Order - True Faith - 1st Paper label - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 22-Jun-2020 09:35)
NEW ORDER True Faith (1987 UK Factory first issue paper label solid centre 7" vinyl single, also including the b-side recording 1963. The glossy picture sleeve shows minimal wear and the vinyl shows few signs of play FAC183)
- New Order - Confusion - 2nd - UK - 12" vinyl - £8.00, $10.00, €8.96 (Back In Stock) (arrived 19-Jun-2020 16:19)
NEW ORDER Confusion (Mid to late 80s UK Factory label 4-track 12" vinyl single, also including Confused Beats, Instrumental and Rough Mix, non-embossed glossy picture sleeve FAC93)
- New Order - Temptation - 180gm - UK - 12" vinyl - £11.99, $14.99, €13.43 (New Item) (arrived 13-Jun-2020 11:27)
NEW ORDER Temptation (2019 UK limited edition remastered issue of the 1982 12" single pressed on 180gram Vinyl, also featuring 'Hurt', embossed picture sleeve with printed inner. Near Mint in open shrink FAC63)
- New Order - World In Motion - Remix - UK - 12" vinyl - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2020 16:01)
NEW ORDER World In Motion (1990 UK limited edition 4-track 12'' vinyl single, includes the Subbuteo Mix and Dub plus Carabinieri and No Alla Violenza mixes, gold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows light general wear with an area of gloss loss due to sticker removal, whilst the vinyl has little sign of play FAC293R)
- New Order - Fine Time - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2020 13:34)
NEW ORDER Fine Time (1988 UK Factory label solid centre 7" vinyl single, also including Don't Do It. The glossy picture sleeve has a little shelfwear to the edges, whilst the vinyl remains in excellent condition FAC223-7)
- New Order - Touched By The Hand Of God - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.00, €8.96 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2020 13:31)
NEW ORDER Touched By The Hand Of God (1987 UK Factory label solid centre 7" vinyl single, also including Touched By The Hand Of Dub. There is a little scuffing to the edges of the glossy picture sleeve, whilst the vinyl appears in excellent condition FAC193/7)
- New Order - Touched By The Hand Of God - UK - 12" vinyl - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2020 13:29)
NEW ORDER Touched By The Hand Of God (1987 UK limited edition 12" vinyl single, also including Touched By The Hand Of Dub, complete with white title inner, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minimal shelfwear & the vinyl remains near 'as new' with few signs of play FAC193)