From the Daily Star.
Meat Loaf joins a host of music stars who have converted to veganism, including Sir Paul McCartney, Bryan Adams, Ellie Goulding Will.I.Am and Ariana Grande.
Beefy music legend Meat Loaf has joined the vegan craze and pledged to give up his carnivore ways.
The Bat Out of Hell singer is backing the Veganuary campaign, where people give up meat and animal products for the month of January.
The rocker joins a host of music stars who have converted to veganism, including Sir Paul McCartney, Bryan Adams, Ellie Goulding Will.I.Am and Ariana Grande.
Plenty of stars from the screen are also now following plant-based diets, including Simon Cowell, Benedict Cumberbatch and Natalie Portman.
But when asked by restaurant chain Frankie & Benny’s to rebrand himself as Veg Loaf for the month, he insisted he won’t do that.
Meat Loaf, real name Marvin Lee Aday, said: “When Frankie & Benny’s first approached me to rebrand to Veg Loaf I said no way in hell – I won’t do that.
“But, I’d do anything for our planet and dropping meat for veg, even for just one day a week, can make a huge difference.”
Elise Ash, director of strategy and brand at Frankie & Benny’s, said: “We wanted to encourage diners to swap meat for veg this January, so who better to sign up than one of the most recognised artists on the planet.
“Funnily enough, our new video isn’t far off the original real-life pitch to Meat.
“While we couldn’t convince him to rebrand to Veg Loaf, we’re just delighted he’s the headline act for our new vegan menu and helping spread the word on the benefits of tucking into our meat-free dishes.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 10-Sep-2020 14:47)on September 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm
MEAT LOAF Bat Out Of Hell (Classic 1977 UK 7-track LP, the iconic Wagnerian rock album produced & arranged by Todd Rundgren with songs by Jim Steinman, picture sleeve with lyric insert. The sleeve shows a little wear and the vinyl has just theodd light sign of play EPC82419)
- Meat Loaf - Bad Attitude - German - vinyl LP - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 10-Sep-2020 12:59)on September 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm
MEAT LOAF Bad Attitude (1984 German 9-track LP, picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inner. The sleeve shows minor general shelfwear & the vinyl has only light signs of play)
- Meat Loaf - Dead Ringer - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 10-Sep-2020 11:30)on September 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm
MEAT LOAF Dead Ringer (1981 UK 8-track vinyl LP, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light edge wear but is otherwise in excellent condition along with the vinyl EPC32692)
- Meat Loaf - Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad - UK - 7" vinyl - £6.99, $8.74, €7.83 (New Item) (arrived 07-Sep-2020 15:54)on September 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm
MEAT LOAF Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad (1977 UK solid centre 7" vinyl single with picture label on reverse and die-cut company sleeve, also featuring For Crying Out Loud SEPC6281)
- Meat Loaf - Live + Bonus 12" - Stickered sleeve - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 01-Sep-2020 09:37)on September 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm
MEAT LOAF Live (1987 German pressed UK & European 8-track vinyl LP recorded live at Wembley Stadium in March 1987 plus a bonus 12" including Masculine and a 4-part Rock 'N' Roll Medley. The single-pocket picture sleeve shows a little shelfwear to the edges but displays the hype-sticker to the front and the two vinyl discs look barely played)