The Who have released a new single, All This Music Must Fade. The track comes from their upcoming album Who, which will launch on December 6, and arrives three weeks after the band shared Ball And Chain.
Pete Townshend describes All This Music Must Fade as, “A song dedicated to every artist who has ever been accused of ripping off someone else’s song. Seriously? Our musical palette is limited enough in the 21st century without some dork claiming to have invented a common chord scheme.”
Roger Daltrey, who ends All This Music Must Fade by proclaiming, “Who gives a fuck?” says, “I think we’ve made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973. Pete hasn’t lost it, he’s still a fabulous songwriter and he’s still got that cutting edge.”
Townsend adds: “This album is almost all new songs written last year, with just two exceptions. There is no theme, no concept, no story, just a set of songs that I – and my brother Simon – wrote to give Roger some inspiration, challenges and scope for his newly revived singing voice.
“Roger and I are both old men now, by any measure, so I’ve tried to stay away from romance, but also from nostalgia if I can. I didn’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Memories are OK, and some of the songs refer to the explosive state of things today.”
The Who will tour across the UK and Ireland throughout March and April next year, where they’ll be joined by a full orchestra. Tickets are on sale now.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Who - Live At Leeds - Eleven inserts - EX - German - vinyl LP - £35.00, $47.60, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 24-Feb-2021 17:05)on February 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm
THE WHO Live At Leeds (1970 German 6-track LP, gatefold 'bootleg' style pocket title sleeve with blue text on the front, with 11 inserts including photos, repro band letters, receipts & lyrics [no poster]. The sleeve has some spinewear and discolouration around the edges, whilst the vinyl has just a few light surface scuffs. A respectable copy offered at an advantageous price)
- The Who - Had Enough - P/S - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.88, €8.96 (Back In Stock) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 15:11)on February 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm
THE WHO Had Enough (1978 UK double A-side 7" vinyl single, also including Who Are You, picture sleeve WHO1)
- The Who - Quadrophenia - German - 2-LP vinyl set - £30.00, $40.80, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 09-Feb-2021 09:43)on February 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm
THE WHO Quadrophenia (1985 German issue of the 1973 17-track double LP with black & silver Track labels, housed in a thin gatefold picture sleeve with integral 44-page photo/lyric booklet, 'Made In Germany' print inside right. The sleeve showsvery little wear and the booklet remains intact & both vinyl discs reveal few signs of play)
- The Who - Quadrophenia - VG - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £30.00, $40.80, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 09-Feb-2021 15:35)on February 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm
THE WHO Quadrophenia (Classic 1973 UK 17-track double LP, housed in a gatefold picture sleeve with a deluxe forty-four page full size booklet containing pictures & lyrics to the album. The cover is Very Good with some light age wear scuffing & ring wear & the heavyweight booklet has come loose, which is not uncommon, whilst the vinyl discs remain in Excellent condition with light evidence of play)
- The Who - Love Reign O'er Me - US - 7" vinyl - Promo - £18.00, $24.48, €20.16 (New Item) (arrived 10-Feb-2021 12:09)on February 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm
THE WHO Love Reign O'er Me (1973 US US Track / MCA wide-centred 7" vinyl single, also including Water, issued in a MCA die-cut paper sleeve MCA-40152)