The Who have released a new single, All This Music Must Fade. The track comes from their upcoming album Who, which will launch on December 6, and arrives three weeks after the band shared Ball And Chain.
Pete Townshend describes All This Music Must Fade as, “A song dedicated to every artist who has ever been accused of ripping off someone else’s song. Seriously? Our musical palette is limited enough in the 21st century without some dork claiming to have invented a common chord scheme.”
Roger Daltrey, who ends All This Music Must Fade by proclaiming, “Who gives a fuck?” says, “I think we’ve made our best album since Quadrophenia in 1973. Pete hasn’t lost it, he’s still a fabulous songwriter and he’s still got that cutting edge.”
Townsend adds: “This album is almost all new songs written last year, with just two exceptions. There is no theme, no concept, no story, just a set of songs that I – and my brother Simon – wrote to give Roger some inspiration, challenges and scope for his newly revived singing voice.
“Roger and I are both old men now, by any measure, so I’ve tried to stay away from romance, but also from nostalgia if I can. I didn’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. Memories are OK, and some of the songs refer to the explosive state of things today.”
The Who will tour across the UK and Ireland throughout March and April next year, where they’ll be joined by a full orchestra. Tickets are on sale now.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- The Who - Who's Next - 2nd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $27.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 25-Sep-2022 10:14)on September 25, 2022 at 11:18 am
THE WHO Who's Next (Mid 70s UK issue of the classic 1971 9-track LP, including Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes & Baba O'Riley, picture sleeve. The sleeve & vinyl are in Excellent condition with just a few minor signs of wear & play)
- The Who - Who's Better, Who's Best - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $27.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 21-Sep-2022 10:06)on September 25, 2022 at 11:18 am
THE WHO Who's Better, Who's Best (1988 UK 18-track vinyl compilation LP, gatefold picture sleeve with a plethora of photographs, back catalogue artwork and biographical details inside. The sleeve shows just a little evidence of shelfwear & thevinyl remains in near 'as new' condition, remaining barely if ever played, great copy WTV1)
- The Who - A Quick One / The Who Sell Out - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £50.00, $54.50, €56.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 15-Sep-2022 10:10)on September 25, 2022 at 11:18 am
THE WHO A Quick One / The Who Sell Out (1974 UK 24-track double LP repackaging A Quick One in Mono & The Who Sell Out in Stereo, front laminated gatefold picture sleeve reproducing the original album artwork. The sleeve shows minimal shelfwearand the vinyl is flawless)
- The Who - Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $32.70, €33.60 (Back In Stock) (arrived 15-Sep-2022 10:10)on September 25, 2022 at 11:18 am
THE WHO Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy (1972 UK first issue 14-track retrospective LP including I Can't Explain, The Kids Are Alright, My Generation, Pinball Wizard and more, E.J. Day printed gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minimal shelfwear and the vinyl looks barely played)
- The Who - Who Are You - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $16.35, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 15-Sep-2022 13:06)on September 25, 2022 at 11:18 am
THE WHO Who Are You (1978 UK 9-track LP, the last to feature Keith Moon, who tragically passed away just three weeks after its release. The picture sleeve shows a few light scuff marks whilst the vinyl remains in Excellent condition with onlylight cosmetic signs of wear WHOD5004)