Rhino Records have announced that they’ll released a Black Sabbath vinyl box set in the US later this year.
The Vinyl Collection 1970-1978 will feature eight albums featuring frontman Ozzy Osbourne and will also come with a disc of mono singles titled Monomania.
All nine discs will be pressed on heavyweight 180g vinyl, while a 7-inch single featuring Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me) and the b-side Wicked World will also be packed in.
The albums are 1970’s Black Sabbath and Paranoid, 1971’s Master Of Reality, 1972’s Vol. 4, 1973’s Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, 1975’s Sabotage, 1976’s Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die! from 1978.
Black Sabbath: The Vinyl Collection 1970-1978 will be released on September 6 and is limited to just 3000 copies.
Earlier this week, Ozzy’s wife and manager Sharon Osbourne explained why the vocalist didn’t attend Black Sabbath’s recent Lifetime Achievement Grammy ceremony in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, a major exhibition celebrating 50 years of Black Sabbath is currently open in Birmingham and will run through September 29.
Black Sabbath: The Vinyl Collection 1970-1978
Master Of Reality
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Never Say Die!
1. Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)
2. Wicked World
3. The Wizard
4. Iron Man (Edit)
2. Into The Void (Edit)
3. Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath (Edit)
4. It’s Alright
5. Radio Spot for Black Sabbath
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Black Sabbath - Never Say Die! - UK - vinyl LP - £60.00, $75.00, €67.20 (New Item) (arrived 10-Aug-2020 11:06)on August 12, 2020 at 8:27 am
BLACK SABBATH Never Say Die! (1978 UK Vertigo 'spaceship' label 9-track vinyl LP, housed in a fully laminated picture sleeve with illustrated credits inner. Both sleeve and vinyl show only minimal evidence or storage or indication of play, remaining in Near Mint condition overall)
- Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 - French - vinyl LP - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 28-Jul-2020 12:43)on August 12, 2020 at 8:27 am
BLACK SABBATH Vol. 4 (Late 70s French Nems label issue of the 1972 10-track LP with 'Made In France' clearly printed on the labels, including Wheels Of Confusion, Tomorrow's Dream, Changes & Supernaut, glossy gatefold picture sleeve with Nems printed in the bottom left corner. The sleeve has a tiny thumbnail split in the top edge & otherwise shows just light shelf wear whilst the vinyl is Excellent with barely any play NEL6005)
- Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £195.00, $243.75, €218.40 (New Item) (arrived 09-Jul-2020 12:48)on August 12, 2020 at 8:27 am
BLACK SABBATH Master Of Reality (Rare 1971 UK first issue 'swirl' label 8-track LP with unusual reversed white on black label, matching reverse 'swirl' inner, fully laminated & embossed box sleeve with lyrics on reverse. We tend to find these covers in less than desirable condition, however this example remains in superb shape with just a little laminate rippling at the edges, the Swirl inner has a few creases but remains fully intact and the vinyl too remains in excellent condition with little sign of play & just a couple of light surface scuffs to show for over forty nine years - A gem!)
- Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality - 1st + Poster - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £595.00, $743.75, €666.40 (Back In Stock) (arrived 10-Jul-2020 17:49)on August 12, 2020 at 8:27 am
BLACK SABBATH Master Of Reality (Rare 1971 UK first pressing 8-track vinyl LP on an inverted black 'swirl' label, with machine stamped 1Y1/2Y1 matrices & an inverted 'swirl' die-cut inner, fully laminated & embossed box picture sleeve completewith the incredibly rare fold-out poster. See 'More Info' for condition details...)
- Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath - Japanese - vinyl LP - £65.00, $81.25, €72.80 (New Item) (arrived 20-Jul-2020 12:26)on August 12, 2020 at 8:27 am
BLACK SABBATH Black Sabbath (1975 Japanese-only 8-track vinyl LP compilation, unique pasted picture sleeve with English song lyrics on the reverse. The shows has some wear mostly to the edges but without any splits or rips, the vinyl has just a few very light cosmetic surface scuffs. Overall an excellent example of this hard to find pressing PAT-1003)