From Ultimate Classic Rock.
The song’s upbeat lyrics are sweet and relatable. They celebrate a relationship that has stood the test of time, despite its subject’s many quirks. Crow and Walsh trade verses as they sing about familiar idiosyncrasies like forgetting the name of a movie star and telling the same joke over and over again.
Walsh joins a bevy of marquee artists from the worlds of rock and country to guest on Threads. The collaborative album includes appearances by Stevie Nicks, Keith Richards, Don Henley, James Taylor, Vince Gill, Maren Morris, Willie Nelson, St. Vincent, Mavis Staples, Gary Clark Jr. and Bonnie Raitt. Walsh is also featured on another of the album’s tracks, “Prove You Wrong,” which was released earlier this month.
“The people I chose to be on the record were just people that I have loved and admired and had relationships with,” Crow told iHeart. “Many of these people, I owned their records when I was seven and eight years old. I mean, I can remember unzipping the zipper on Sticky Fingers, and I remember the cover of Rumours and wanting to look like Stevie Nicks. And who would have thought a young girl from a tiny town in Missouri would wind up working with these people and having relationships with them? So, when it came time to make the record, there was an obvious list of people I wanted to ask. And luckily most of them said yes.”
Threads comes out on Aug. 30. Crow previously revealed that it will be her last traditionally released LP, though she still plans on touring and delivering the occasional single.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way - UK - 12" picture disc - £25.00, $35.00, €28.75 (New Item) (arrived 05-May-2021 14:13)on May 11, 2021 at 1:02 am
JOE WALSH Rocky Mountain Way (1982 UK limited edition 3-track 12" Picture Disc single, also including Turn To Stone and Funk 49 by The James Gang, clear PVC sleeve, and the disc appears barely played MCATP787)
- Joe Walsh - Got Any Gum? - US - vinyl LP - £8.00, $11.20, €9.20 (New Item) (arrived 02-Dec-2020 16:52)on May 11, 2021 at 1:02 am
JOE WALSH Got Any Gum? (1987 US 10-track vinyl LP, complete with illustrated lyric inner, picture sleeve with small deletion notch cut. The sleeve shows minimal shelfwear although the inner has started to split at the bottom edge & the vinyl remains in excellent condition, showing few signs of play - still in the original opened shrink)
- Joe Walsh - Meadows - A Label - UK - 7" vinyl - Promo - £10.00, $14.00, €11.50 (New Item) (arrived 13-Aug-2020 13:24)on May 11, 2021 at 1:02 am
JOE WALSH Meadows (1973 UK 'A' label demonstration solid centre 7" vinyl single, also featuring 'Book Ends', ABC company die-cut sleeve ABC4105)
- Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way - 4 Pr - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $11.20, €9.20 (New Item) (arrived 18-Aug-2020 09:05)on May 11, 2021 at 1:02 am
JOE WALSH Rocky Mountain Way (1973 UK 7" vinyl single with intact four-prong centre, also including [Daydream] Prayer, ABC die-cut paper sleeve ABC4061)
- Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy - UK - CD single - £6.99, $9.79, €8.04 (New Item) (arrived 18-Oct-2020 11:29)on May 11, 2021 at 1:02 am
SHERYL CROW If It Makes You Happy (Deleted 1995 UK 4-track CD single including The Book, Keep On Growing and On The Outside, picture sleeve)