From Planet Rock.
After Tony Banks and Phil Collins both refused to rule out a Genesis reunion in recent interviews, Mike Rutherford has now said he’s tentatively open to the idea.
Mike appeared on Good Morning Britain earlier today to promote Mike & The Mechanics’ upcoming ninth studio album ‘Out of the Blue’ when he was asked the burning question – will Genesis ever reform?
He replied: “I’ve always said, for years, never say never and we did the tour 10 years ago… Who knows? Phil (Collins) is in good shape now out touring, his son (Nic) is drumming – fantastic drummer. Never say never.”
When host Piers Morgan said his brother has pointed out that ‘Foxtrot’ masterpiece ‘Supper’s Ready’ hasn’t been performed live since 1982 (an acoustic version of the Lover’s Leap segment was played on the Calling All Stations tour in 1998), Mike replied: “Well we better do it for him hadn’t we? We better make him happy.
“We’re all fit and healthy and we get on well, (we’re) good friends. I mean, you never know.”
Mike Rutherford © Getty
In January 2018, Tony Banks confirmed to US radio station 91.9 WFKP he’d be up for a Genesis reunion should the opportunity arise.
“Phil is out there again, which is fantastic … a year or two ago I would have thought he was never going to be out there again,” Tony said.
Continue reading on the Planet Rock website.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - Italian - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.00, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 20-Apr-2021 08:08)
GENESIS The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (Scarce Italian re-issue 6-track LP compilation, featuring six tracks taken from the classic double album, unique picture sleeve. The sleeve has some minor edgewear and the vinyl looks seldom played HRS15)
- Genesis - Land Of Confusion - P/S - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.88, €8.96 (New Item) (arrived 09-Apr-2021 07:58)
GENESIS Land Of Confusion (1986 UK solid centre 7" vinyl single, also including Feeding The Fire, picture sleeve GENS3)
- Genesis - Selling England By The Pound - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.00, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 25-Mar-2021 09:51)
GENESIS Selling England By The Pound (1973 UK first press 8-track LP on the large pink 'Mad Hatter' Charisma label with 'B & C Records' perimeter text, picture sleeve complete with rare lyric insert. The sleeve has some general age wear & the vinyl grades VG/VG+ with some spindle marks around the centre hole labels & some light cosmetic wear not affecting play. Classic Genesis! CAS1074)
- Genesis - Nursery Cryme - 3rd - US - vinyl LP - £12.00, $16.32, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 26-Mar-2021 15:23)
GENESIS Nursery Cryme (Mid 70s US issue of the 1972 7-track LP on the small pink 'Mad Hatter' label with 'Buddah Records Inc.' credit, pasted picture sleeve with tiny deletion notch. The sleeve shows just a little light edge wear & the vinyl shows some cosmetic surface scuffs and a couple of faint hairlines but remains excellent CAS1052)
- Genesis - We Can't Dance - VG - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $27.20, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 29-Mar-2021 13:34)
GENESIS We Can't Dance (1991 UK 12-track double LP, the group's last studio longplayer to feature Phil Collins, issued in a single-pocket picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inners. The cover has the original price sticker attached & is strictly graded Very Good due to a pen mark on the front & a couple of small ticks by certain tracks on the back, otherwise it's a lovely example. Both vinyl discs are clean & grade VG+/EX- with some minor cosmetic signs of use not interferring withplayback GENLP3)
- Genesis - That's All - UK - 12" vinyl - £8.00, $10.88, €8.96 (New Item) (arrived 30-Mar-2021 09:12)
GENESIS That's All (1983 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single with picture label, also including Taking It All Too Hard and a live version of Firth Of Fifth recorded in New York in 1981. The die-cut titled sleeve shows minimal wear and the vinyl has very few signs of play TATA1-12)
- Genesis - Duke - Stickered Sleeve - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $16.32, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 02-Apr-2021 12:43)
GENESIS Duke (1980 UK 12-track vinyl LP, the tenth studio album from the trio bridging the prog to pop gap. The gatefold Koechlin picture sleeve has lyrics inside as well as retaining the original price sticker and shows a little age yellowing, whilst the vinyl appears barely played CBR101)
- Genesis - Wind And Wuthering - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £18.00, $24.48, €20.16 (New Item) (arrived 07-Apr-2021 15:10)
GENESIS Wind & Wuthering (1976 UK small Madhatter label 9-track LP, the eighth studio album by the English progressive rock band, the second with Phil on lead vocals and the last to feature Steve Hackett, textured picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inner. The sleeve shows just the lightest edge wear & the vinyl appears barely played CDS4005)
- Genesis - Selling England - 4th + Insert - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 07-Apr-2021 15:16)
GENESIS Selling England By The Pound (1984 UK blue label issue of the 1973 8-track LP, complete with lyric insert, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows mild age wear & the vinyl is Excellent CAS1074)
- Genesis - Selling England By The Pound - 3rd - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $27.20, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 13-Apr-2021 09:41)
GENESIS Selling England By The Pound (70s reissue of their 1973 UK 8-track vinyl LP with the small pink 'Mad Hatter' Charisma label and 'Phonogram' perimeter text. The picture sleeve does have some shelfwear to the edges and discolouring, while the vinyl remains in excellent condition CAS1074)