From The Express newspaper.
It’s been 20 years since Queen guitarist Brian May released his last official solo single Why Don’t We Try Again on his 1998 Another World album. Now the 71-year-old has announced a brand new track called New Horizons, which will be released digitally at 12:02am EST (5:02 am GMT) on New Year’s Day. But even more exciting is the fact that it will have its worldwide premiere from NASA’s control centre headquarters in Maryland, USA. The new single is May’s tribute to NASA’s New Horizons mission, which on January 1, 2019, will achieve the most distant spacecraft flyby in history.
On New Year’s Day, New Horizons is set to encounter a remote Kuiper Belt Object (KBO) called Ultima Thule, which is located beyond Pluto on the edges of our solar system.
May’s fascination with such a feat should come as little surprise since he has a doctorate in astrophysics and is a New Horizons science collaborator.
The track of the same name celebrates the 12-year journey of the New Horizons probe and includes the late Stephen Hawking congratulating the team on its flyby with Pluto in 2015.
In a statement, May said: “This project has energised me in a new way. For me, it’s been an exciting challenge to bring two sides of my life together – Astronomy and Music.”
For the full article, please see The Express website.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Brian May - Why Don't We Try Again - UK - 7" picture disc - £6.99, $8.95, €7.83 (New Item) (arrived 19-Dec-2018 14:19)
BRIAN MAY Why Don't We Try Again (1998 UK limited edition 3-track 7" Picture Disc single, also including Only Make Believe and FBI, issued in a stickered clear PVC outer sleeve with an individually numbered fold-out poster insert) […]
- Brian May - Who Wants To Live Forever - EX - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $12.80, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 06-Sep-2018 17:06)
BRIAN MAY With IAN & BELINDA Who Wants To Live Forever (1989 UK 7" charity single released in aid of The British Bone Marrow Donor Appeal, also including the Instrumental Version. The paper picture sleeve displays some light wear mostly along the open edge, whilst the vinyl displays only a little signs of play, overall in excellent condition ODO112) […]
- Brian May - The Stonk - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.24, €8.96 (New Item) (arrived 31-Jul-2018 10:00)
HALE AND PACE AND THE STONKERS The Stonk (1991 UK charity 7" vinyl single produced by Brian May, featuring Brian along with Tony Iommi & Dave Gilmour on guitars, Queen's Roger Taylor, Cozy Powell and Rowan Atkinson on drums, also including TheSmile Song by Victoria Wood. The paper picture sleeve displays just a little light wear whilst the vinyl shows little signs of play LON296) […]
- Brian May - Starfleet - EX - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $19.20, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2018 16:58)
BRIAN MAY Star Fleet (1983 UK 7" vinyl single with intact four-prong push-out centre, also including Son Of Star Fleet. The picture sleeve shows just a little edge & ring wear & the vinyl is Excellent with minimal play EMI5436) […]
- Brian May - Resurrection - Part 2 - UK - CD single - £12.00, $15.36, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2018 16:40)
BRIAN MAY Resurrection (1993 UK Part Two 4-track CD single, including live versions of Back To The Light and Tie Your Mother Down [guest starring Slash, recorded in LA for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno], picture sleeve CDR6351) […]
- Brian May - Too Much Love - 2nd Cd - UK - CD single - £15.00, $19.20, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2018 16:32)
BRIAN MAY Too Much Love (Scarce 1992 UK limited edition 4-track CD single, also includes Driven By You [New Version], housed in a custom red 'pill-pack' circular fold-out wallet picture sleeve CDRS6320) […]
- Brian May - Too Much Love Will Kill You - UK - cassette single - £8.00, $10.24, €8.96 (New Item) (arrived 19-May-2018 16:53)
BRIAN MAY Too Much Love Will Kill You (1992 UK cassette single, also including I'm Scared, with both songs repeated either side, housed within a picture card slipcase sleeve TCR6320) […]
- Brian May - Starfleet Project - Japanese - vinyl LP - £25.00, $32.00, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2018 12:20)
BRIAN MAY & FRIENDS Starfleet Project (1983 Japanese 3-track vinyl mini-LP, featuring the talents of Edward Van Halen, Alan Gratzer, Phil Chen and Fred Mandel as well as Brian May and includes Starfleet, Blues Breaker and Let Me Out, picture sleeve with illustrated fold-out biography / lyric insert & obi-strip EMS-41013) […]