From The Express newspaper.
It’s been 20 years since Queen guitarist Brian May released his last official solo single Why Don’t We Try Again on his 1998 Another World album. Now the 71-year-old has announced a brand new track called New Horizons, which will be released digitally at 12:02am EST (5:02 am GMT) on New Year’s Day. But even more exciting is the fact that it will have its worldwide premiere from NASA’s control centre headquarters in Maryland, USA. The new single is May’s tribute to NASA’s New Horizons mission, which on January 1, 2019, will achieve the most distant spacecraft flyby in history.
On New Year’s Day, New Horizons is set to encounter a remote Kuiper Belt Object (KBO) called Ultima Thule, which is located beyond Pluto on the edges of our solar system.
May’s fascination with such a feat should come as little surprise since he has a doctorate in astrophysics and is a New Horizons science collaborator.
The track of the same name celebrates the 12-year journey of the New Horizons probe and includes the late Stephen Hawking congratulating the team on its flyby with Pluto in 2015.
In a statement, May said: “This project has energised me in a new way. For me, it’s been an exciting challenge to bring two sides of my life together – Astronomy and Music.”
For the full article, please see The Express website.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Brian May - Back To The Light - Collectors Edition Box Set - Sealed - UK - box set - £89.99, $123.29, €106.19 (New Item) (arrived 05-Aug-2021 13:03)
BRIAN MAY Back To The Light (2021 UK/EU limited edition multi-format Collectors Edition Box Set - curation of this deluxe format was personally overseen by Brian and contains two CDs, an exclusive White Vinyl LP, a 32-page booklet and an enamel Gold Series badge. Housed inside a lift-off lid picture box, factory sealed)
- Brian May - The Business - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $16.44, €14.16 (New Item) (arrived 21-Apr-2021 15:06)
BRIAN MAY The Business (1998 UK 7" vinyl single issued as a tribute to Cozy Powell, featuring the special Rock On Cozy Mix, also including a version of Buddy Holly's Maybe Baby. The glossy picture sleeve displays minimal wear, whilst the vinyl remains Excellent with some cosmetic surface marks but looks barely played R6498)
- Brian May - The Amazing Spider-man - UK - 12" picture disc - £30.00, $41.10, €35.40 (New Item) (arrived 14-Apr-2021 14:56)
BRIAN MAY / MC SPY-D The Amazing Spider-Man (1995 UK limited edition 3-track 12" Picture Disc single, including the Mastermix, Sad Bit Mix and White Trouser Mix!, clear PVC wallet & backing insert 12RPD6404)
- Brian May - The Business - UK - CD single - £12.00, $16.44, €14.16 (New Item) (arrived 15-Apr-2021 17:07)
BRIAN MAY The Business (1998 UK 4-track enhanced CD single featuring the Rock On Cozy Mix as well as 'Maybe Baby', Brian Talks and the CD-Rom Section including live performance footage & spoken tribute, within a hype-stickered thin jewel case with picture sleeve insert CDR6498)
- Brian May - Too Much Love - 2nd Cd - UK - CD single - £15.00, $20.55, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 15-Apr-2021 17:08)
BRIAN MAY Too Much Love (Scarce 1992 UK limited edition 4-track CD single, also includes Driven By You [New Version], housed in a custom red 'pill-pack' circular fold-out wallet picture sleeve CDRS6320)
- Brian May - Why Don't We Try Again + Tour Poster - UK - CD single - £15.00, $20.55, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 15-Apr-2021 17:09)
BRIAN MAY Why Don't We Try Again (1998 UK limited edition 3-track PICTURE CD single including 'Only Make Believe' & a cover of The Shadows' 'F.B.I.', presented in individually numbered digipak picture sleeve with exclusive tour poster! CDR6504)
- Brian May - Resurrection - UK - 2-CD single set - £30.00, $41.10, €35.40 (New Item) (arrived 15-Apr-2021 17:15)
BRIAN MAY with COZY POWELL Resurrection (1993 UK 7-track 2-CD single set, also including Love Token, Driven By You Two plus live versions of Too Much Love Will Kill You, Back To The Light and Tie Your Mother Down. Both discs are housed within the Z-pack case with individual picture sleeve inlays CDR/S6351)
- Brian May - Why Don't We Try Again - UK - 7" picture disc - £9.99, $13.69, €11.79 (New Item) (arrived 21-Apr-2021 14:56)
BRIAN MAY Why Don't We Try Again (1998 UK limited edition 3-track 7" Picture Disc single, also including Only Make Believe and FBI; housed in a hype-stickered clear PVC outer sleeve with an individually numbered fold-out poster insert)