From The Express newspaper.
It’s been 20 years since Queen guitarist Brian May released his last official solo single Why Don’t We Try Again on his 1998 Another World album. Now the 71-year-old has announced a brand new track called New Horizons, which will be released digitally at 12:02am EST (5:02 am GMT) on New Year’s Day. But even more exciting is the fact that it will have its worldwide premiere from NASA’s control centre headquarters in Maryland, USA. The new single is May’s tribute to NASA’s New Horizons mission, which on January 1, 2019, will achieve the most distant spacecraft flyby in history.
On New Year’s Day, New Horizons is set to encounter a remote Kuiper Belt Object (KBO) called Ultima Thule, which is located beyond Pluto on the edges of our solar system.
May’s fascination with such a feat should come as little surprise since he has a doctorate in astrophysics and is a New Horizons science collaborator.
The track of the same name celebrates the 12-year journey of the New Horizons probe and includes the late Stephen Hawking congratulating the team on its flyby with Pluto in 2015.
In a statement, May said: “This project has energised me in a new way. For me, it’s been an exciting challenge to bring two sides of my life together – Astronomy and Music.”
For the full article, please see The Express website.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Brian May - The Stonk - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.88, €8.96 (New Item) (arrived 16-Nov-2020 07:48)
HALE AND PACE AND THE STONKERS The Stonk (1991 UK charity 7" vinyl single produced by Brian May, featuring Brian along with Tony Iommi & Dave Gilmour on guitars, Queen's Roger Taylor, Cozy Powell and Rowan Atkinson on drums, also including TheSmile Song by Victoria Wood. The paper picture sleeve displays just a little light wear whilst the vinyl shows little signs of play LON296)
- Brian May - Back To The Light Tour '93 - UK - tour programme - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 25-Aug-2020 09:44)
BRIAN MAY Back To The Light Tour '93 (Official 1993 UK 18 page 13½"x9½" tour programme, filled with concert photos, band biographies and tour dates with a glossy picture cover. This example displays minimal signs of wear & age)
- Brian May - Starfleet - EX - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $16.32, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 17-Aug-2020 15:31)
BRIAN MAY Star Fleet (1983 UK 7" vinyl single with intact four-prong push-out centre, also including Son Of Star Fleet. The picture sleeve shows just a little edge & ring wear & the vinyl is Excellent with minimal play EMI5436)
- Brian May - Too Much Love Will Kill You - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $16.32, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 17-Aug-2020 15:29)
BRIAN MAY Too Much Love Will Kill You (1992 UK 7" vinyl single, also including I'm Scared. The glossy card picture sleeve displays minimal wear whilst the vinyl shows little signs of play R6320)
- Brian May - The Business - UK - CD single - £12.00, $16.32, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 17-Aug-2020 15:21)
BRIAN MAY The Business (1998 UK 4-track enhanced CD single featuring the Rock On Cozy Mix as well as 'Maybe Baby', Brian Talks and the CD-Rom Section including live performance footage & spoken tribute, within a hype-stickered thin jewel case with picture sleeve insert CDR6498)
- Brian May - The Amazing Spider-man - UK - 12" picture disc - £30.00, $40.80, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 12-Aug-2020 12:28)
BRIAN MAY / MC SPY-D The Amazing Spider-Man (1995 UK limited edition 3-track 12" Picture Disc single, including the Mastermix, Sad Bit Mix and White Trouser Mix!, clear PVC wallet & backing insert 12RPD6404)
- Brian May - Resurrection - UK - 12" picture disc - £30.00, $40.80, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 12-Aug-2020 12:27)
BRIAN MAY Resurrection (1993 UK limited edition 3-track 12" Picture Disc single, also including Love Token and a live version of Too Much Love Will Kill You recorded at the Palace Threater, Los Angeles on 6th April 1993, with back title card insert 12RPD6351)
- Brian May - Red Special - Japanese Tour Mini Album - Japanese - CD single - £35.00, $47.60, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 04-Aug-2020 15:17)
BRIAN MAY Red Special - Japanese Tour Mini Album (1998 Japanese exclusive 8-track CD EP featuring 'On My Way Up' and 'Hammer To Fall', both recorded live in Paris, plus 'Business' - USA Radio Mix Uncut and 'Brian Talks [A Tribute to CozyPowell]', picture sleeve with lyrics and obi-strip TOCP-50707)