An acoustic demo recording of The Beatles song ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ from July 1968 is one of three new versions of the song that have been officially released for the first time.
The unearthed recording will feature on the upcoming re-release of ‘The White Album’, which will celebrate the landmark record’s 50th anniversary.
As well as a remastered version of the original double LP, the anniversary packages will include 27 early acoustic demos and 50 session takes from the making of the record.
One of those acoustic demos – ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ – has now been released ahead of the Special Edition re-release on November 9.
Recorded on July 25, 1968, George Harrison, who wrote the song, can be heard on the recording issuing instructions and singing lines that were cut from the track’s final version, including: “I look from the wings at the play you are staging / As I’m sitting here doing nothing but aging“..
Read the full article over at NME
Find more Beatles rarities on eil.com, and if you have any items to sell, please call us on 01474 815099
eil.com – the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987
- The Beatles - The Early Years - Cobblestones Sleeve - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 27-Nov-2020 15:59)
THE BEATLES The Early Years (1971 UK 12-track vinyl compilation LP featuring the Beatles' earliest recordings in Germany and their legendary recordings backing Tony Sheridan, fully laminated picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little lightshelfwear and the vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play)
- The Beatles - Help! - Red + 86 Obi - Japanese - vinyl LP - £125.00, $156.25, €140.00 (New Item) (arrived 25-Nov-2020 09:45)
THE BEATLES Help! (Rare 1986 Japanese limited edition 14-track mono LP pressed on Translucent Red Vinyl, complete with fold out Japanese/English lyric insert, picture sleeve and wide 'It Was 20 Years Ago' obi-strip. Both the sleeve & vinyl are Near Mint EAS-70134)
- The Beatles - Revolver - 3rd - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £75.00, $93.75, €84.00 (New Item) (arrived 22-Nov-2020 15:18)
THE BEATLES Revolver (1966 UK third press 14-track mono vinyl LP on the black & yellow Parlophone label, with 'Sold in U.K.' & 'Gramophone Co' label credits as well as 'Doctor Robert' for side 2. Comes housed in a Garrod & Lofthouse front laminated flipback picture sleeve with small 'mono' logo on the front & 'Dr. Robert' print on the back. The label text also lists the lead singer before the composer credit. Complete with the 'emitex' inner, see 'more info for condition details... PMC7009)
- The Beatles - The Stories Behind Their Songs - UK - book - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 23-Nov-2020 14:09)
STEVE TURNER The Stories Behind Their Songs (2005 UK 229 page softback book detailing, as much as it can be done, the stories behind the songs that were written by John, Paul & George during the Beatle years, lavishly illustrated throughout. Apart from one small corner crease to the back cover, this copy remains in superb condition)
- The Beatles - The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics - 2001 - UK - book - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 24-Nov-2020 12:00)
THE BEATLES The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics (2001 UK 224 page second hardback issue book, edited by Alan Aldridge, featuring the Beatles lyrics accompanied by specially commissioned illustrations and photographs by a selection of famous artists, with dust jacket. A beautifully presented volume)
- The Beatles - The Beginning (1961) - Japanese - vinyl LP - £50.00, $62.50, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 25-Nov-2020 09:35)
THE BEATLES The Beginning - 1961 (1987 Japanese 12-track LP, featuring the Hamburg recording sessions with Tony Sheridan, housed in a deluxe gatefold picture sleeve complete with Japanese/ lyric insert & obi-strip. The packaging shows very little of its age and the vinyl is Near Mint 18MM0574)
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine - Red + 86 Obi - Japanese - vinyl LP - £125.00, $156.25, €140.00 (New Item) (arrived 25-Nov-2020 09:41)
THE BEATLES Yellow Submarine (Rare 1986 Japanese 13-track RED vinyl MONO LP, picture sleeve plus Japanese & English lyric insert and wide 'It Was 20 Years Ago' picture logo obi-strip EAS-70138 )
- The Beatles - The Beatles [White Album] - Red Vinyl - 86 - Japanese - 2-LP vinyl set - £295.00, $368.75, €330.40 (New Item) (arrived 25-Nov-2020 09:41)
THE BEATLES The Beatles (Rare 1986 Japanese 30-track mono double LP pressed on Red Vinyl, housed in an embossed gatefold sleeve with fold-out poster, set of four portrait photographs, Japanese lyric insert and wide 'It Was 20 Years Ago' picture/discography obi. This copy is beautiful and in near 'as new' condition. An essential purchase for any Beatles collector EAS-67157.58)