Neal Preston’s photos of Queen in their pomp are a wonderful snapshot of rock’s golden age.
New York-born photographer Neal Preston was, for many years, Queen’s official photographer on tour. Now and he and the band have collated over 200 images, covering the period between 1977 and 1986, on stage, off stage, on the road and everything in between. With a foreword written by Brian May and Roger Taylor, Queen: The Neal Preston photographs will be published by Reel Art Press on October 29, and is available to pre-order now.
“Neal just has the knack, the skill, to always be in the right place at the right time,” says Brian May.
“I know how hard every single member of Queen worked every night,” says Preston. “They always strove for pure excellence, and when the pressure was on they were at their best. I don’t recall any Queen gig that was not fun to shoot. They were all fun. There was never a bad angle or camera position. These were big-time, world-class level musicians at the top of their game and I couldn’t have asked for more.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Queen - Greatest Hits II - Blue Vinyl - Sealed - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £69.99, $87.49, €78.39 (New Item) (arrived 27-Nov-2020 16:40)on November 27, 2020 at 10:36 pm
QUEEN Greatest Hits II (2020 UK limited edition 'HMV Exclusive' 17-track double LP pressed on Clear Blue Vinyl, originally released in 1991. The vinyl is UNPLAYED, housed in an gold embossed gatefold picture sleeve with barcode sticker on the back, with album discography illustrated liner notes inners, and remains factory sealed in the 'Colour Vinyl' stickered shrink)
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - 4pr - UK - 7" vinyl - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (Back In Stock) (arrived 17-Nov-2020 11:49)on November 27, 2020 at 10:36 pm
QUEEN Bohemian Rhapsody (Classic 1975 UK 7" vinyl single with intact four prong centre, also including I'm In Love With My Car, EMI company die-cut paper sleeve. The vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play EMI2375)
- Queen - Live At Wembley '86 - UK - 2-CD album set - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (Back In Stock) (arrived 11-Nov-2020 14:04)on November 27, 2020 at 10:36 pm
QUEEN Live At Wembley '86 (1992 UK 28-track double CD, recorded live on Saturday 12th July 1986 during the Magic Tour at Wembley Stadium in London, includes Tie Your Mother Down, Seven Seas Of Rhye, Bohemian Rhapsody and more, fat double casewith front & back picture inlay and booklet CDPCSP725)
- Queen - The Works - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (Back In Stock) (arrived 12-Nov-2020 09:14)on November 27, 2020 at 10:36 pm
QUEEN The Works (1984 UK 9-track LP including Radio Ga Ga, It's A Hard Life, I Want To Break Free & Hammer To Fall, picture sleeve with lyric inner. The sleeve has some light edge scuffing and ringwear, whilst the vinyl appears barely played EMC2400141)
- Queen - A Day At The Races - 2nd - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 13-Nov-2020 09:47)on November 27, 2020 at 10:36 pm
QUEEN A Day At The Races (1976 UK 10-track vinyl LP featuring the fifth studio album from the legendary British band, including Tie Your Mother Down, Somebody To Love and Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy. The heavy duty gatefold picture sleeve comes with the die-cut round-cornered card picture inner and the vinyl looks barely played EMTC104)