Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler’s solo career has never had the commercial clout of Ozzy Osbourne’s, nor the pulling power of Tony Iommi, whose all-star 2000 album Iommi featured guest vocalists Dave Grohl, Serj Tankian, Billy Corgan and more, but three albums the bassist released between 1995 and 2005 remain cult modern metal classics.
Those three albums are finally getting long-overdue vinyl reissues. The trio includes 1995’s industrial metal-tinged Plastic Planet, released under the band name G/Z/R and featuring Fear Factory’s Burton C Bell on vocals, 1997’s sci-fi inspired Black Science and 2005’s back-to-basics Ohmwork.
While Geezer himself admits that none of albums set the world on fire, he’s rightly proud of them. “I’m always writing, it’s one of my hobbies,” he told Classic Rock in 2016. “And because Sabbath weren’t writing at the time, I had all this stuff to get out of my system. I’m proud of them. They sounded raw and pissed off.”
Plastic Planet, Black Science and Ohmwork are released via BMG on October 30.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Black Sabbath - Greatest Hits - Smooth Sleeve - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $30.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 16:57)on February 5, 2023 at 4:10 am
BLACK SABBATH Greatest Hits (1977 UK 10-track vinyl LP featuring a compilation of their classic hits including Paranoid, Changes and Sweet Leaf, smooth picture sleeve. The sleeve shows some light storage wear & the vinyl is Excellent NEL6009)
- Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - 3rd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $24.20, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 23-Dec-2022 17:11)on February 5, 2023 at 4:10 am
BLACK SABBATH Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Mid 70s UK issue of the 1973 8-track LP on a black & silver label with white 'WWA' lettering, gatefold picture sleeve bordered inside. The sleeve displays some minor shelfwear, whilst the vinyl looks seldom played WWA005)
- Black Sabbath - Attention! Black Sabbath - Japanese - vinyl LP - £95.00, $114.95, €106.40 (New Item) (arrived 02-Dec-2022 10:12)on February 5, 2023 at 4:10 am
BLACK SABBATH Attention! Black Sabbath (Rare original 1976 Japanese-only 8-track LP manufactured by Nippon Phonogram, housed in a unique live picture sleeve with lyrics on the reverse [never released with an insert]. Other than some mild foxing on the back, a natural discolouring with Japanese paper goods over time, the cover is otherwise Excellent & the vinyl appears Near Mint with few signs of play BT-5036)
- Black Sabbath - Never Say Die! - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $36.30, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 16-Dec-2022 15:30)on February 5, 2023 at 4:10 am
BLACK SABBATH Never Say Die! (1978 UK 'spaceship' label 9-track LP, complete with illustrated credits inner, fully laminated picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains in excellent condition with just afew light surface scuffs to show for over forty years)
- Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - 2nd - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £35.00, $42.35, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 21-Dec-2022 12:34)on February 5, 2023 at 4:10 am
BLACK SABBATH Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973 UK second issue 8-track vinyl LP on the black & silver label with silver 'WWA' label logo, housed in matt gatefold picture sleeve with the inside image going all the way to the outer edges without a border. The rear of the sleeve states manufactured and printed in England with no reference to 'Howards Printers' and has 'album concept and design: Pacific Eye & Ear...' credit printed in a bold print on the back. The sleeve displays just a little light general wear with scuffing mainly to spine, the vinyl has a few surface scuffs & marks but remains in EX/VG condition WWA005)