From the NME.
It’s Dylan’s 23rd Top 10 album, and his 50th to get a Top 40 position. As the new record states, the legendary singer/songwriter now has Top 40 albums in the last seven decades – eight in the 1960s, 14 in the ’70s, seven in the ’80s, four in the ’90s, seven in the ’00s, nine in the 2010s, and now his first in the 2020s.
In the UK, meanwhile, Dylan’s new album took the top spot, followed at No. 2 by Neil Young’s “lost” 1975 album ‘Homegrown’.
Giving ‘Rough And Rowdy Ways’ a five-star review before its release, NME wrote: “The roots of the erosion of US democracy plays out against a backdrop of counter-culture revolution. Between flickering scenes from Dealey Plaza and Parkland hospital, Dylan widens the shot to take in the birth of rock’n’roll, The Beatles, Woodstock and Altamont, before unleashed a bombardment of musical, cinematic and social references stretching the entire 20th Century, like ‘We Didn’t Start The Fire’ grew up and got a degree.
“Bluesmen, silent movie clowns, soul queens, jazz greats, rockers, hippies and pin-ups – Dylan revels in a hundred years of creative progress as if in accusation of America’s immutable ideological savagery. JFK, he’s saying, was just the highest profile, on-camera bloodstain to be splashed across the stars and stripes.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 10:35)on March 1, 2021 at 7:40 pm
BOB DYLAN Subterranean Homesick Blues (1965 UK 7" vinyl single with an intact four prong centre, also including She Belongs To Me. Issued in a CBS company die cut paper sleeve, the vinyl on this copy remains in excellent condition with just light signs of play)
- Bob Dylan - At Budokan - Red Label - Dutch - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $27.20, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 09:47)on March 1, 2021 at 7:40 pm
BOB DYLAN At Budokan (1991 Dutch 22-track red label issue of the classic 1978 double live LP, glossy gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows very little wear, whilst the vinyl appears barely played CBS96004)
- Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited - UK - vinyl LP - £40.00, $54.40, €44.80 (New Item) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 09:10)on March 1, 2021 at 7:40 pm
BOB DYLAN Highway 61 Revisited (2000 UK 9-track LP pressed on 180g VINYL, Dylan's groundbreaking album from 1965 when he switched to an electric backing and moved away from his folk roots, including the classics 'Like A Rolling Stone' and 'Tombstone Blues', picture sleeve. Both the sleeve & vinyl are Near Mint)
- Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline - Red Label - Barcoded - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $16.32, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 09:14)on March 1, 2021 at 7:40 pm
BOB DYLAN Nashville Skyline (Late 80s UK red CBS label 'Nice Price' issue of the 1969 10-track vinyl LP, Dylan's ninth studio album saw him go full out country, which produced the classics Lay Lady Lay, I Threw It All Away and Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You, a re-recorded version of Girl From The North Country appears too, as a duet with Johnny Cash, housed in a barcoded picture sleeve. The sleeve light wear and the vinyl appears barely played)
- Bob Dylan - Before The Flood - Graduated Orange Label - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 09:17)on March 1, 2021 at 7:40 pm
BOB DYLAN & THE BAND Before The Flood (Late 70s UK issue of the 1974 21-track double live LP on graduated orange labels, gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows some general wear & the vinyl appears barely played CBS22137)