From the NME.
It’s Dylan’s 23rd Top 10 album, and his 50th to get a Top 40 position. As the new record states, the legendary singer/songwriter now has Top 40 albums in the last seven decades – eight in the 1960s, 14 in the ’70s, seven in the ’80s, four in the ’90s, seven in the ’00s, nine in the 2010s, and now his first in the 2020s.
In the UK, meanwhile, Dylan’s new album took the top spot, followed at No. 2 by Neil Young’s “lost” 1975 album ‘Homegrown’.
Giving ‘Rough And Rowdy Ways’ a five-star review before its release, NME wrote: “The roots of the erosion of US democracy plays out against a backdrop of counter-culture revolution. Between flickering scenes from Dealey Plaza and Parkland hospital, Dylan widens the shot to take in the birth of rock’n’roll, The Beatles, Woodstock and Altamont, before unleashed a bombardment of musical, cinematic and social references stretching the entire 20th Century, like ‘We Didn’t Start The Fire’ grew up and got a degree.
“Bluesmen, silent movie clowns, soul queens, jazz greats, rockers, hippies and pin-ups – Dylan revels in a hundred years of creative progress as if in accusation of America’s immutable ideological savagery. JFK, he’s saying, was just the highest profile, on-camera bloodstain to be splashed across the stars and stripes.”
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay - 1979 issue - UK - 7" vinyl - £8.00, $10.08, €9.44 (New Item) (arrived 26-May-2022 16:40)on May 27, 2022 at 1:37 am
BOB DYLAN Lay Lady Lay (1979 UK 'Golden Decade 1967 - 1976' series issue of the Circa 1972 7" vinyl single, also including Threw It All Away. Issued in a CBS company die-cut paper sleeve, the vinyl looks barely played SCBS7071)
- Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3 [Rare & Unreleased] 1961-1991 - Dutch - cassette box - £30.00, $37.80, €35.40 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2022 13:50)on May 27, 2022 at 1:37 am
BOB DYLAN The Bootleg Series Volumes 1-3 [Rare & Unreleased] 1961-1991 (1991 Dutch 58-track triple Cassette album box set, with each part housed in a jewel case with black & white picture inlays. Includes an extensive 70-page 11" x 5½" illustrated booklet, all housed in a 12" square textured picture box. The box displays only light wear and the contents show minimal wear or signs of age)
- Bob Dylan - Is Your Love In Vain - UK - 12" vinyl - £15.00, $18.90, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 13-May-2022 17:27)on May 27, 2022 at 1:37 am
BOB DYLAN Is Your Love In Vain? (1978 UK limited edition 12" vinyl single, also including We'd Better Talk This Over. The picture sleeve has minimal wear and the vinyl looks barely played)
- Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home - Red Label - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.90, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 17-May-2022 11:20)on May 27, 2022 at 1:37 am
BOB DYLAN Bringing It All Back Home (80s UK red label issue of the 1965 11-track stereo LP, a seminal '60s recording that features one side 'electric' performances including Subterranean Homesick Blues & one side of acoustic songs. The glossypicture sleeve shows minimal wear & the vinyl appears barely played CBS32344)
- Bob Dylan - Hypnotist Collectors - French - book - £125.00, $157.50, €147.50 (New Item) (arrived 18-May-2022 11:57)on May 27, 2022 at 1:37 am
BOB DYLAN Hypnotist Collectors (Scarce 1989 French printed first edition 118-page hardback book by Jean-Louis Dreau and Robert Schlockoff, an international illustrated discography, and the first publication devoted to the artwork sleeves for singles & EP releases. Loaded with black & white images and text for all releases. The cover displays some light general wear whilst all pages are clean and intact)