From Planet Rock.
The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards has premiered the lyric video for his previously unreleased cover of Eddie Taylor’s ‘Big Town Playboy’.
Featuring Mick Taylor on guitars and late-great Johnnie Johnson tinkling the ivories, ‘Big Town Playboy’ features as a bonus track on the upcoming expansive 30th anniversary reissue of Keith’s solo album ‘Talk Is Cheap’.
Watch the video for ‘Big Town Playboy’ here:
Originally released in October 1988, ‘Talk Is Cheap’ is re-released as a standard edition on CD, digital and vinyl, and a Deluxe and Super Deluxe Box Set on Friday 29th March.
Alongside the 11 songs on the album, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe will boast six bonus tracks – four of which feature pianist Johnnie Johnson – including ‘Big Town Playboy’, ‘Blues Jam’, ‘Slim’ and the kinetic Jimmy Reed cover ‘My Babe’.
These editions also feature special, exclusive housing and folios, extensive sleeve notes by Anthony De Curtis telling the story” of the album’s production, release and cultural impact, unseen photos and rare memorabilia.
Reflecting upon the legacy of ‘Talk Is Cheap’, Keith comments: “This album holds up. I’ve been listening to it and not through the mists of nostalgia either because it doesn’t affect me that way. This is more than the sum of its parts. I really admire it. We were having fun and you can hear it.”
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Single CD and vinyl full tracklisting:
1. Big Enough
2. Take It So Hard
4. I Could Have Stood You Up
5. Make No Mistake
6. You Don’t Move Me
7. How I Wish
9. Whip It Up
10. Locked Away
11. It Means A Lot
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Set includes these extra bonus tracks:
1. Blues Jam
2. My Babe
4. Big Town Playboy
5. Mark On Me
6. Brute Force
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe Box Set also comes with
– 180g LP album &180g LP bonus material
– the 7” Single (Take It So Hard / I Could Have Stood You Up)
– the 7” Single (Make No Mistake / It Means A Lot)
– CD album & CD containing bonus material
– 80-page hardback book featuring Anthony De Curtis essay, new interview with Keith Richards and extensive photos,
– Memorabilia: 1x tour laminate, 2x lyric sheets, original ‘Talk Is Cheap’ playback invite, tour guitar pick and 2x posters
– Housed in a folio pack wrapped in Fender guitar case material
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Super Deluxe box set
– Limited & Numbered
All content matches the Deluxe Box set
– Comes with added special feature, a one-of-a-kind exclusive casing replicating Keith’s favourite Fender Guitar ‘Micawber’
– Features hand-reliced ash wood with original Fender guitar elements, handmande at the Fender Custom Shop in California
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You + Sleeve - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $14.52, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 04-Feb-2023 14:15)
ROLLING STONES Miss You (1978 UK 7" vinyl single with its intact four prong centre, also including Far Away Eyes. The card flipback picture sleeve shows just some light wear and the vinyl remains in excellent condition EMI2802)
- The Rolling Stones - Time Waits For No One - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $30.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 11:08)
ROLLING STONES Time Waits For No One - Anthology 1971-1977 (1979 UK 10-track compilation LP, picture sleeve with tongue logo inner. The sleeve has only a little light age wear & the vinyl is Excellent with only a little light scuffing to showplay COC59107)
- The Rolling Stones - Flowers - Royal Sound - 1st - German - vinyl LP - £50.00, $60.50, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 31-Jan-2023 12:50)
ROLLING STONES Flowers (Scarce 1967 German first press 12-track stereo LP on the red Decca label with the 'Royal Sound' logo present, fully laminated picture sleeve which also has the 'Royal Sound' logo on the reverse. The sleeve is Excellent with some light edge discolouring or minor shelf wear, the vinyl is clean & grades EX/EX- with a few faint paper hairlines not affecting play SLK16487-P)
- The Rolling Stones - Black And Blue - Factory Sample - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $30.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 31-Jan-2023 12:56)
ROLLING STONES Black & Blue (1980 UK advance issue of the 8-track LP with stock labels, housed in a gatefold picture sleeve complete with round-cornered 'studio engineer's notes' card inner. Note: the back cover is Factory Sample stickered for review ahead of release. The sleeve is Excellent with only minor shelf wear & the vinyl appears barely played CUN59106)
- The Rolling Stones - Rolled Gold - New Zealand - 2-LP vinyl set - £45.00, $54.45, €50.40 (New Item) (arrived 31-Jan-2023 13:16)
ROLLING STONES Rolled Gold (Scarce 1976 New Zealand 28-track double LP compilation with 'Made In N.Z.' perimeter label print, housed in the original matte gatefold sleeve with 'Marketed by EMI New Zealand Limited' print inside right. The sleeve is Excellent with a little light shelf wear & the vinyl is clean & grades VG+/EX- with just a couple of faint surface marks to detect play ROST1/2)
- The Rolling Stones - Some Girls - G/Y/B/P - Italian - vinyl LP - £75.00, $90.75, €84.00 (New Item) (arrived 31-Jan-2023 14:08)
ROLLING STONES Some Girls (1978 Italian issue 10-track vinyl LP housed in a die-cut picture sleeve with uncensored picture inner and lyric insert. The sleeve retains its open shrink and shows a little minor corner scuffing and the vinyl has just a few light surface scuffs to indicate light play)
- The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock 'n Roll - Italian - vinyl LP - £50.00, $60.50, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 01-Feb-2023 11:14)
ROLLING STONES It's Only Rock 'N Roll (1974 Italian 10-track LP, picture sleeve with illustrated credits inner. The sleeve has some minor wear and the inner has a split on the bottom, aside from a few very light paper scuffs the vinyl is in excellent condition W59103
- The Rolling Stones - Black And Blue - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $36.30, €33.60 (New Item) (arrived 01-Feb-2023 14:29)
THE ROLLING STONES Black & Blue (1976 UK first press 8-track LP, including the singles Fool To Cry and Hot Stuff, complete with album credits inner, gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear and the vinyl looks barely played COC59106)
- The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £125.00, $151.25, €140.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 11:02)
ROLLING STONES A Bigger Bang (2005 UK/EU limited edition 16-track double LP pressed on Heavyweight Vinyl, their 22nd British released studio album which was produced by Don Was & The Glimmer Twins [aka Mick Jagger & Keith Richards], including the singles Streets Of Love / Rough Justice, Rain Fall Down and Biggest Mistake plus two songs featuring Keith Richards on lead vocal. The two lyric printed inners have a light seam split to both spine edges however, the deluxe gatefold picture sleeve has only a hint of shelfwear and the two vinyl discs look barely played V3012)
- The Rolling Stones - Get Stoned - EX - Irish - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $18.15, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 03-Feb-2023 11:08)
ROLLING STONES Get Stoned - 30 Greatest Hits (Scarce 1977 Irish 30-track double compilation vinyl LP featuring original recordings, including [I Can't Get No] Satisfaction, Paint It Black, Let's Spend The Night Together, Ruby Tuesday, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Gimme Shelter, Brown Sugar and more. The gatefold picture sleeve has a montage of Stones images printed across the inside spread and shows a little fading to the bottom, whilst with a few light signs of play, the vinyl remains in excellent condition ADEP32)