From Planet Rock.
The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards has premiered the lyric video for his previously unreleased cover of Eddie Taylor’s ‘Big Town Playboy’.
Featuring Mick Taylor on guitars and late-great Johnnie Johnson tinkling the ivories, ‘Big Town Playboy’ features as a bonus track on the upcoming expansive 30th anniversary reissue of Keith’s solo album ‘Talk Is Cheap’.
Watch the video for ‘Big Town Playboy’ here:
Originally released in October 1988, ‘Talk Is Cheap’ is re-released as a standard edition on CD, digital and vinyl, and a Deluxe and Super Deluxe Box Set on Friday 29th March.
Alongside the 11 songs on the album, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe will boast six bonus tracks – four of which feature pianist Johnnie Johnson – including ‘Big Town Playboy’, ‘Blues Jam’, ‘Slim’ and the kinetic Jimmy Reed cover ‘My Babe’.
These editions also feature special, exclusive housing and folios, extensive sleeve notes by Anthony De Curtis telling the story” of the album’s production, release and cultural impact, unseen photos and rare memorabilia.
Reflecting upon the legacy of ‘Talk Is Cheap’, Keith comments: “This album holds up. I’ve been listening to it and not through the mists of nostalgia either because it doesn’t affect me that way. This is more than the sum of its parts. I really admire it. We were having fun and you can hear it.”
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Single CD and vinyl full tracklisting:
1. Big Enough
2. Take It So Hard
4. I Could Have Stood You Up
5. Make No Mistake
6. You Don’t Move Me
7. How I Wish
9. Whip It Up
10. Locked Away
11. It Means A Lot
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Set includes these extra bonus tracks:
1. Blues Jam
2. My Babe
4. Big Town Playboy
5. Mark On Me
6. Brute Force
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe Box Set also comes with
– 180g LP album &180g LP bonus material
– the 7” Single (Take It So Hard / I Could Have Stood You Up)
– the 7” Single (Make No Mistake / It Means A Lot)
– CD album & CD containing bonus material
– 80-page hardback book featuring Anthony De Curtis essay, new interview with Keith Richards and extensive photos,
– Memorabilia: 1x tour laminate, 2x lyric sheets, original ‘Talk Is Cheap’ playback invite, tour guitar pick and 2x posters
– Housed in a folio pack wrapped in Fender guitar case material
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Super Deluxe box set
– Limited & Numbered
All content matches the Deluxe Box set
– Comes with added special feature, a one-of-a-kind exclusive casing replicating Keith’s favourite Fender Guitar ‘Micawber’
– Features hand-reliced ash wood with original Fender guitar elements, handmande at the Fender Custom Shop in California
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup - 2nd + Inner - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.50, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 28-May-2022 11:04)
ROLLING STONES Goats Head Soup (1979 UK second issue of the 1973 10-track LP, including original picture/credits inner, goat's head print & gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows light shelfwear (wear on back; possibly stored next to Sticky Fingers) and the vinyl appears barely played CUN59101)
- Rolling Stones - Dirty Work - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $15.12, €14.16 (New Item) (arrived 23-May-2022 12:21)
ROLLING STONES Dirty Work (1986 UK 10-track LP including Harlem Shuffle, One Hit [To The Body] & Winning Ugly, complete complete with cartoon lyric inner, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear with a bit of edge scuffing and the vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play)
- Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice + P/S - Dutch - 7" vinyl - £50.00, $63.00, €59.00 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2022 13:50)
ROLLING STONES Tumbling Dice (1972 Dutch wide centred 7" vinyl single on the yellow Rolling Stones label with the catalogue number on right above 'STEMRA', also including Sweet Black Angel. Unlike the French & UK version, this single was releasedin a full picture sleeve which features the design for the tongue die-cut sleeve but with the artist name and titles printed in the mouth in black & white. The sleeve displays just a little light general age wear and the vinyl remains Excellent with only light signs of play. A nice example and the first we have ever seen RS19103)
- Rolling Stones - Fool To Cry - Dutch - 7" vinyl - £20.00, $25.20, €23.60 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2022 13:50)
ROLLING STONES Fool To Cry (Scarce original 1976 Dutch pressed wide centred 7" vinyl single with the yellow RS label, also including Crazy Mama. Complete with its original red, black & white textured picture sleeve, the vinyl shows light signs of play. This pressing is back in stock for the first time since 1999! COC19121)
- Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Dutch - 7" vinyl - £35.00, $44.10, €41.30 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2022 13:50)
ROLLING STONES (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (1990 Dutch wide centre 7" single, also including The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man, unique Jaar Radio picture sleeve. The sleeve has minimal wear whilst the vinyl shows only very light signs of play)
- Rolling Stones - Paint It Black - Dutch - 7" vinyl - £25.00, $31.50, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 21-May-2022 13:50)
ROLLING STONES Paint It Black (1990 Dutch wide centre 7" single, also including Long Long While, 'Tour Of Duty' credit glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve has some minor general wear and the vinyl is graded VG+ with some light, mostly cosmetic, surface marks and plays Excellent)
- Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.50, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 23-May-2022 09:15)
ROLLING STONES Steel Wheels (1989 UK 12-track vinyl LP, picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inner. The sleeve shows minor wear and the vinyl remains barely played - a nice collector's copy!)
- Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.50, €29.50 (New Item) (arrived 23-May-2022 09:20)
ROLLING STONES Gimme Shelter (1971 UK first issue 12-track Stereo LP with matrices ending in '1W', front laminated picture sleeve SKL5101) See 'More Info' for further details ...
- Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £35.00, $44.10, €41.30 (New Item) (arrived 23-May-2022 11:52)
ROLLING STONES Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! (1970 UK first issue 10-track stereo LP, the first Stones album to be issued only in stereo, housed in the original fully laminated picture sleeve. The sleeve shows a few creases and few spots of discolouration & vinyl grades VG with just some light spindle marks & cosmetic wear not interfering with play SKL5065)
- Rolling Stones - Undercover + Subscription Insert - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $15.12, €14.16 (New Item) (arrived 23-May-2022 12:27)
ROLLING STONES Undercover (1983 UK 10-track LP, complete with illustrated credits inner & Fan Club subscription insert, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows some just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains in excellent condition & looks barely played CUN1654361)