From Planet Rock.
The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards has premiered the lyric video for his previously unreleased cover of Eddie Taylor’s ‘Big Town Playboy’.
Featuring Mick Taylor on guitars and late-great Johnnie Johnson tinkling the ivories, ‘Big Town Playboy’ features as a bonus track on the upcoming expansive 30th anniversary reissue of Keith’s solo album ‘Talk Is Cheap’.
Watch the video for ‘Big Town Playboy’ here:
Originally released in October 1988, ‘Talk Is Cheap’ is re-released as a standard edition on CD, digital and vinyl, and a Deluxe and Super Deluxe Box Set on Friday 29th March.
Alongside the 11 songs on the album, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe will boast six bonus tracks – four of which feature pianist Johnnie Johnson – including ‘Big Town Playboy’, ‘Blues Jam’, ‘Slim’ and the kinetic Jimmy Reed cover ‘My Babe’.
These editions also feature special, exclusive housing and folios, extensive sleeve notes by Anthony De Curtis telling the story” of the album’s production, release and cultural impact, unseen photos and rare memorabilia.
Reflecting upon the legacy of ‘Talk Is Cheap’, Keith comments: “This album holds up. I’ve been listening to it and not through the mists of nostalgia either because it doesn’t affect me that way. This is more than the sum of its parts. I really admire it. We were having fun and you can hear it.”
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Single CD and vinyl full tracklisting:
1. Big Enough
2. Take It So Hard
4. I Could Have Stood You Up
5. Make No Mistake
6. You Don’t Move Me
7. How I Wish
9. Whip It Up
10. Locked Away
11. It Means A Lot
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Set includes these extra bonus tracks:
1. Blues Jam
2. My Babe
4. Big Town Playboy
5. Mark On Me
6. Brute Force
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe Box Set also comes with
– 180g LP album &180g LP bonus material
– the 7” Single (Take It So Hard / I Could Have Stood You Up)
– the 7” Single (Make No Mistake / It Means A Lot)
– CD album & CD containing bonus material
– 80-page hardback book featuring Anthony De Curtis essay, new interview with Keith Richards and extensive photos,
– Memorabilia: 1x tour laminate, 2x lyric sheets, original ‘Talk Is Cheap’ playback invite, tour guitar pick and 2x posters
– Housed in a folio pack wrapped in Fender guitar case material
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Super Deluxe box set
– Limited & Numbered
All content matches the Deluxe Box set
– Comes with added special feature, a one-of-a-kind exclusive casing replicating Keith’s favourite Fender Guitar ‘Micawber’
– Features hand-reliced ash wood with original Fender guitar elements, handmande at the Fender Custom Shop in California
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Rolling Stones - Still Life - UK - picture disc LP - £35.00, $43.75, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 07-Aug-2020 14:01)
ROLLING STONES Still Life (1982 UK 10-track PICTURE DISC LP, including Under My Thumb, Let's Spend The Night Together & Let Me Go. A fast paced, exciting live album recorded on the 'Tattoo You' tour. The gatefold picture sleeve comes complete with the original 'collage' picture inner and appears in great shape with very little wear visible to the sleeve and disc CUNP39115)
- Rolling Stones - Miss You - A Label - P/S - UK - 7" vinyl - Promo - £75.00, $93.75, €84.00 (New Item) (arrived 07-Aug-2020 13:46)
ROLLING STONES Miss You (Rare 1978 UK 'A' label demonstration sample vinyl 7" for the single release, also including Faraway Eyes, retail issue picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just light storage wear & the vinyl is Near Mint EMI2802)
- Rolling Stones - Respectable - Demo - P/S - UK - 7" vinyl - Promo - £75.00, $93.75, €84.00 (New Item) (arrived 07-Aug-2020 13:15)
ROLLING STONES Respectable (Rare 1978 UK 'A' label demonstration sample vinyl 7" for the single release, with intact original four prong centre, also including When The Whip Comes Down, with a commercial release picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light warping and the vinyl is Near Mint EMI2861)
- Rolling Stones - Rock 'N' Rolling Stones - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £125.00, $156.25, €140.00 (New Item) (arrived 07-Aug-2020 10:24)
ROLLING STONES Rock 'N' Rolling Stones (Rare 1972 UK first press 12-track stereo vinyl LP with dark blue & silver boxed labels, the fourth 'post Decca period' compilation including many great Chuck Berry covers, front laminated picture sleeve.The sleeve shows minimal shelfwear and the vinyl remains near 'as new' & looks barely played SKL5149)
- Rolling Stones - Bridges To Bremen - 180gm Clear Vinyl - Sealed - UK - 3-LP vinyl set - £99.99, $124.99, €111.99 (New Item) (arrived 04-Aug-2020 11:11)
ROLLING STONES Bridges To Bremen (Sealed 2019 UK limited edition 22-track triple LP pressed on 180gram Crystal Clear Vinyl featuring previously unreleased recordings from a live performance in Bremen, Germany during their Bridges To Babylon tour. Includes live versions of Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black, Miss You, Sympathy For The Devil, Start Me Up & more. All three discs are BRAND NEW & unplayed housed in a gatefold picture sleeve which remains sealed inits hype-stickered shrinkwrap. Recently picked-up by our man in Japan as a Disk Union Tokyo exclusive, there is an additional Japanese hype sticker attached EAGLP694)
- Rolling Stones - The Best Collection + Obi - Japanese - 2-LP vinyl set - £50.00, $62.50, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 04-Aug-2020 11:06)
ROLLING STONES The Best Collection (1983 Japanese-only 24-track double LP compilation, housed in a unique gatefold picture sleeve with lyrics inside & complete with the green obi-strip. The sleeve shows just minimal wear whilst the vinyl looksbarely played, a fantastic example L30P5101/2)
- Rolling Stones - Through The Past Darkly - Sealed - Octagonal Sleeve - US - vinyl LP - £175.00, $218.75, €196.00 (New Item) (arrived 04-Aug-2020 10:48)
ROLLING STONES Through The Past Darkly (Original 1969 US London 11-track STEREO vinyl LP, featuring global hits Ruby Tuesday, Let's Spend The Night Together, Paint It Black, Jumpin' Jack Flash and of course Honky Tonk Woman! housed in the superb octagonal gatefold picture sleeve. Despite being over 35 years old this copy remains factory SEALED in the original price-stickered shrink from new and is therefore MINT and unplayed, a real time warp copy and a unique opportunity to be thefirst to place a stylus on this classic album! NPS-3)
- Rolling Stones - Singles Collection - Vinyl/Sealed - US - vinyl box set - £195.00, $243.75, €218.40 (New Item) (arrived 04-Aug-2020 10:31)
ROLLING STONES Singles Collection - The London Years (Long deleted 1989 US Abkco digitally remastered 58-track 4-LP box set with each disc pressed on 100% virgin vinyl. Housed in a sturdy picture box with booklet, this copy remains factory sealed from new - still MINT and unplayed nearly 30 years on! #1218-1)
- Rolling Stones - Let's Spend The Night Together - Boxed Label - UK - 7" vinyl - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:44)
ROLLING STONES Let's Spend The Night Together (70s UK boxed label issue of the 1967 7" single with intact four prong centre, also including Ruby Tuesday, Decca company die-cut paper sleeve. The vinyl is Excellent with just light signs of playF12546)
- Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown - 2nd - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 03-Aug-2020 10:43)
ROLLING STONES 19th Nervous Breakdown (70s UK 'boxed' logo label issue of the 1966 7" vinyl single, also including As Tears Go By, Decca company die-cut paper sleeve F12331)