From Planet Rock.
The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards has premiered the lyric video for his previously unreleased cover of Eddie Taylor’s ‘Big Town Playboy’.
Featuring Mick Taylor on guitars and late-great Johnnie Johnson tinkling the ivories, ‘Big Town Playboy’ features as a bonus track on the upcoming expansive 30th anniversary reissue of Keith’s solo album ‘Talk Is Cheap’.
Watch the video for ‘Big Town Playboy’ here:
Originally released in October 1988, ‘Talk Is Cheap’ is re-released as a standard edition on CD, digital and vinyl, and a Deluxe and Super Deluxe Box Set on Friday 29th March.
Alongside the 11 songs on the album, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe will boast six bonus tracks – four of which feature pianist Johnnie Johnson – including ‘Big Town Playboy’, ‘Blues Jam’, ‘Slim’ and the kinetic Jimmy Reed cover ‘My Babe’.
These editions also feature special, exclusive housing and folios, extensive sleeve notes by Anthony De Curtis telling the story” of the album’s production, release and cultural impact, unseen photos and rare memorabilia.
Reflecting upon the legacy of ‘Talk Is Cheap’, Keith comments: “This album holds up. I’ve been listening to it and not through the mists of nostalgia either because it doesn’t affect me that way. This is more than the sum of its parts. I really admire it. We were having fun and you can hear it.”
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Single CD and vinyl full tracklisting:
1. Big Enough
2. Take It So Hard
4. I Could Have Stood You Up
5. Make No Mistake
6. You Don’t Move Me
7. How I Wish
9. Whip It Up
10. Locked Away
11. It Means A Lot
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Set includes these extra bonus tracks:
1. Blues Jam
2. My Babe
4. Big Town Playboy
5. Mark On Me
6. Brute Force
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe Box Set also comes with
– 180g LP album &180g LP bonus material
– the 7” Single (Take It So Hard / I Could Have Stood You Up)
– the 7” Single (Make No Mistake / It Means A Lot)
– CD album & CD containing bonus material
– 80-page hardback book featuring Anthony De Curtis essay, new interview with Keith Richards and extensive photos,
– Memorabilia: 1x tour laminate, 2x lyric sheets, original ‘Talk Is Cheap’ playback invite, tour guitar pick and 2x posters
– Housed in a folio pack wrapped in Fender guitar case material
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Super Deluxe box set
– Limited & Numbered
All content matches the Deluxe Box set
– Comes with added special feature, a one-of-a-kind exclusive casing replicating Keith’s favourite Fender Guitar ‘Micawber’
– Features hand-reliced ash wood with original Fender guitar elements, handmande at the Fender Custom Shop in California
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Rolling Stones - The Last Time - ¥400 Insert - Japanese - 7" vinyl - £125.00, $170.00, €140.00 (New Item) (arrived 02-Mar-2021 09:39)
ROLLING STONES The Last Time (Scarce 1970 Japanese yellow London / King Record Co. label wide centred 7" vinyl single, also including Play With Fire, complete with the fold out picture insert with '¥400' price point printed in the bottom leftcorner on the front containing Japanese biography & English lyrics to both tracks on the inside and advertisements for other releases printed on the back TOP-1512)
- Rolling Stones - Rolled Gold - 3rd - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $20.40, €16.80 (Back In Stock) (arrived 26-Feb-2021 12:45)
ROLLING STONES Rolled Gold (1982 UK issue of the 1976 28-track double compilation LP on a dark blue & silver Decca label, gatefold picture sleeve without Decca Record Company full address inside. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwearwith a bit of edge scuffing and the vinyl remains in superb condition with few signs of play ROST1/2)
- Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons - Boxed mid 1970s - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $68.00, €56.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)
ROLLING STONES Between The Buttons (1976 issue of the 1967 UK 12-track stereo vinyl LP on the blue 'boxed' Decca logo design with the publishing date at the bottom, within a front laminated picture sleeve. The sleeve displays displays minimal wear whilst the vinyl looks barely played. A oustanding 'near as new' example of this over forty year old pressing SKL4852)
- Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons - 4th - UK - vinyl LP - £125.00, $170.00, €140.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)
ROLLING STONES Between The Buttons (Circa 1968 UK fourth label variant 12-track MONO LP with 'ffrr' logo & 'deep groove' label, GEMA & 'Mirage Music' under the boxed BIEM / NCB credit & without 'K/T' tax code with the year '1967' placed at the bottom, housed in a front laminated picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear & a bit of laminate creasing, retaining bright vibrant colours and a clearly readable spine. The labels have a few light spindle marks whilst thevinyl remins very clean with only a few very light cometic surfce scuffs. A nice example of this Stones classic LK4852)
- Rolling Stones - Milestones - 3rd - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $27.20, €22.40 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)
ROLLING STONES Milestones (1977 UK issue of the 1971 12-track stereo compilation LP with unboxed 'mono recordings electronically reprocessed' text in the centre of the label across THREE lines (first issues were boxed), matt picture sleeve. The sleeve shows minimal edge wear & the vinyl reveals just a few minor hairlines or paper scuffs not upsetting play SKL5098)
- Rolling Stones - Rock 'N' Rolling Stones - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £150.00, $204.00, €168.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)
ROLLING STONES Rock 'N' Rolling Stones (Rare 1972 UK first press 12-track stereo vinyl LP with dark blue & silver boxed labels, the fourth 'post Decca period' compilation including many great Chuck Berry covers, front laminated picture sleeve.The sleeve shows minimal shelfwear and the vinyl remains near 'as new' & looks barely played SKL5149)
- Rolling Stones - Around And Around - red Decca label - German - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.00, €28.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)
ROLLING STONES Around And Around (Circa 1980 German red Decca label issue of the 1964 12-track LP, which was only ever issued in France & Germany, picture sleeve with Stones back catalogue inner. The sleeve shows just a little light ringwear and the vinyl has the odd sign of play leaving it Excellent)
- Rolling Stones - Metamorphosis - UK - vinyl LP - £45.00, $61.20, €50.40 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)
ROLLING STONES Metamorphosis (1975 UK 16-track vinyl LP on the 'boxed' Decca logo label, featuring a compilation of recordings which centres on outtakes and alternate versions of well-known songs recorded from 1964 to 1970. The picture sleevehas just light signs of age visible but has Andrew Oldham's poetic notes printed on the reverse and the vinyl has minimal signs of play SKL5212)
- Rolling Stones - Solid Rock - 1ST - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $40.80, €33.60 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:10)
ROLLING STONES Solid Rock (1980 UK first issue 15-track LP manufactured in Holland for the UK & European market, with Yellow & Green Decca labels, featuring a compilation of Stones rockers [Slow Rollers, a collection of Stones ballads, was issued shortly after]. The glossy picture sleeved isplays only a light general wear and the vinyl shows only a little light signs of play, a really nice example TAB1)
- Rolling Stones - Aftermath - 1st - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £295.00, $401.20, €330.40 (Back In Stock) (arrived 26-Feb-2021 19:42)
ROLLING STONES Aftermath (Rare 1966 UK first issue unboxed Decca logo red 'ffrr' label MONO 14-track LP, front laminated picture sleeve. This was their fourth British studio album and the first full-length release by the band to consist exclusively of Mick Jagger/Keith Richards compositions, also the first Rolling Stones album to be recorded entirely in the United States. This copy remains in superb condition LK4786) See 'More Info' for specific condition details ...