From Planet Rock.
The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards has premiered the lyric video for his previously unreleased cover of Eddie Taylor’s ‘Big Town Playboy’.
Featuring Mick Taylor on guitars and late-great Johnnie Johnson tinkling the ivories, ‘Big Town Playboy’ features as a bonus track on the upcoming expansive 30th anniversary reissue of Keith’s solo album ‘Talk Is Cheap’.
Watch the video for ‘Big Town Playboy’ here:
Originally released in October 1988, ‘Talk Is Cheap’ is re-released as a standard edition on CD, digital and vinyl, and a Deluxe and Super Deluxe Box Set on Friday 29th March.
Alongside the 11 songs on the album, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe will boast six bonus tracks – four of which feature pianist Johnnie Johnson – including ‘Big Town Playboy’, ‘Blues Jam’, ‘Slim’ and the kinetic Jimmy Reed cover ‘My Babe’.
These editions also feature special, exclusive housing and folios, extensive sleeve notes by Anthony De Curtis telling the story” of the album’s production, release and cultural impact, unseen photos and rare memorabilia.
Reflecting upon the legacy of ‘Talk Is Cheap’, Keith comments: “This album holds up. I’ve been listening to it and not through the mists of nostalgia either because it doesn’t affect me that way. This is more than the sum of its parts. I really admire it. We were having fun and you can hear it.”
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Single CD and vinyl full tracklisting:
1. Big Enough
2. Take It So Hard
4. I Could Have Stood You Up
5. Make No Mistake
6. You Don’t Move Me
7. How I Wish
9. Whip It Up
10. Locked Away
11. It Means A Lot
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe & Super Deluxe Box Set includes these extra bonus tracks:
1. Blues Jam
2. My Babe
4. Big Town Playboy
5. Mark On Me
6. Brute Force
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Deluxe Box Set also comes with
– 180g LP album &180g LP bonus material
– the 7” Single (Take It So Hard / I Could Have Stood You Up)
– the 7” Single (Make No Mistake / It Means A Lot)
– CD album & CD containing bonus material
– 80-page hardback book featuring Anthony De Curtis essay, new interview with Keith Richards and extensive photos,
– Memorabilia: 1x tour laminate, 2x lyric sheets, original ‘Talk Is Cheap’ playback invite, tour guitar pick and 2x posters
– Housed in a folio pack wrapped in Fender guitar case material
‘Talk Is Cheap’ Super Deluxe box set
– Limited & Numbered
All content matches the Deluxe Box set
– Comes with added special feature, a one-of-a-kind exclusive casing replicating Keith’s favourite Fender Guitar ‘Micawber’
– Features hand-reliced ash wood with original Fender guitar elements, handmande at the Fender Custom Shop in California
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Rolling Stones - Saint Of Me - UK - 7" picture disc - £10.00, $14.10, €11.60 (New Item) (arrived 13-May-2021 14:09)
ROLLING STONES Saint Of Me (1998 UK limited edition individually numbered 7" Picture Disc single, also including Anyway You Look At It. The disc is UNPLAYED issued in the barcode-stickered clear PVC sleeve VSY1667)
- Rolling Stones - Rewind - 1971-1984 - UK - vinyl LP - £18.00, $25.38, €20.88 (New Item) (arrived 07-May-2021 15:40)
ROLLING STONES Rewind (1984 UK 12-track vinyl LP featuring a compilation of classic hits from 1971-84 including Brown Sugar, Start Me Up, Miss You, Beast Of Burden and more, housed in the glossy picture sleeve with lyric inner. The sleeve shows only minor storage wear with a little edge scuffing and with a little annotation to inner sleeve whilst the vinyl looks barely played CUN1)
- Rolling Stones - Rolled Gold - 1st - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $28.20, €23.20 (New Item) (arrived 29-Apr-2021 14:44)
ROLLING STONES Rolled Gold (Original 1975 UK 28-track double LP compilation on the dark blue boxed Decca label, gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows some mild ring wear or scuffing & the vinyl is Excellent with minimal play ROST1/2)
- Rolling Stones - Start Me Up - UK - 7" vinyl - £6.99, $9.86, €8.11 (New Item) (arrived 30-Apr-2021 15:46)
ROLLING STONES Start Me Up (1981 UK 7" vinyl single with intact four prong centre, also including No Use In Crying, plain company die cut paper sleeve. The vinyl shows just little evidence of play RSR108)
- Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones No. 2 - 6th - Ungrooved Label - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $70.50, €58.00 (New Item) (arrived 01-May-2021 10:11)
ROLLING STONES The Rolling Stones No. 2 (Late 1960s UK issue of the 1965 12-track mono vinyl LP on the unboxed Decca logo label WITHOUT the deep groove, housed in a front laminated flipback picture sleeve, without 'blind man' text on the backLK4661) See 'More Info' for details on condition ...
- Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request - 1st - Label variant - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £145.00, $204.45, €168.20 (Back In Stock) (arrived 01-May-2021 10:23)
ROLLING STONES Their Satanic Majesties Request (1967 UK 10-track deep groove stereo vinyl LP, on the first variant unboxed Decca logo green label with straight text composer credits and upside-down matrix in brackets, complete with flame red artwork inner & 3D diffraction grating front laminated gatefold picture sleeve with lighter blue border TXS103) See 'More Info' for details on condition ...
- Rolling Stones - Through The Past Darkly - 1st (a) - Oct - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £95.00, $133.95, €110.20 (New Item) (arrived 03-May-2021 11:28)
ROLLING STONES Through The Past Darkly (1969 UK first issue 12-track stereo LP with the second blue 'unboxed' Decca logo label variant, complete with the original 'blue for stereo' bordered shaped company inner, octagonal front laminated internal pocket gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve has a crease to the opening flap, otherwise few signs of age and the vinyl shows just a few cosmetic marks leaving it Excellent. A nice example SKL5019)
- Rolling Stones - Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) - 2nd - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $35.25, €29.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-May-2021 12:16)
ROLLING STONES Big Hits (High Tide And Green Grass) (1971 UK stereo issue of the 1966 14-track vinyl compilation LP on the green boxed Decca logo label, with large integrated picture booklet & front laminated gatefold picture sleeve with die-cut mono/stereo identifying hole on the back. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains exellent with few signs of play TXS101)
- Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet - Sealed - UK - vinyl LP - £39.99, $56.39, €46.39 (New Item) (arrived 04-May-2021 15:04)
ROLLING STONES Beggars Banquet (2003 UK issue limited edition 10-track vinyl LP digitally remastered from the original master recordings, the seventh British and ninth American studio album by the English rock band originally released in 1968featuring the classic Street Fighting Man, housed in the gatefold picture sleeve which remains sealed within its original custom-stickered shrinkwrap)
- Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request - 2nd - 1K/1K - UK - vinyl LP - £295.00, $415.95, €342.20 (New Item) (arrived 10-May-2021 11:07)
ROLLING STONES Their Satanic Majesties Request (Rare 1967 UK Second issue 10-track MONO vinyl LP with 1K/1K matrices, on the 'deep groove' unboxed Decca logo light blue label, printed with the side indicator on the left side of the spindle hole and 'Sing This All Together (See What Happens)' split over two lines, complete with with the red psychedelic inner, superb lenticular 3D front laminated gatefold picture sleeve TXL103) See 'More Info' for further details ...