King Crimson have announced the details of the physical edition of their upcoming documentary film In The Court Of The Crimson King, King Crimson At 50, which will be released on Blue-ray and DVD through Panegyric Recordings on November 11 as a two-disc set and as an eight-disc set on December 2.
The film, directed by Tobie Amies, opens for one day only in select independent cinemas worldwide on Wednesday October 19, with a specially filmed introduction. It is then scheduled to stream via nugs.net (opens in new tab) on October 22.
The film, four years in the making, has been described by Crimson leader Robert Fripp as “A grown-up film about working players living, dying, laughing, playing…”
The two-disc set includes the full documentary film, an early edited version of the film, the final performance of the classic Starless from the band’s final ever concert in Tokyo, Japan in December 2021 and four trailers/shorts.
The limited eight-disc set contains the same as above plus live and studio performances from the 50th anniversary tour, a plethora of additional footage and music from the original soundtrack and more over 4 CDs – many tracks previously unreleased and/or new to CD.
The latter comes housed in a rigid slipcase, with the discs packaged in mini-gatefold sleeves along with a 48-page booklet with notes from the director Toby Amies, King Crimson manager, music and film producer David Singleton, a statement from Robert Fripp and tour photos by Tony Levin and David Singleton plus still images from the film.
You can see the full contents list for both sets below.
Full Contents list below:
BLU-RAY 1 and DVD 1 (for both editions – KCBD101 & KCXP5011)
In The Court Of The Crimson King – King Crimson at 50 (A film by Toby Amies) Excerpts From CosmiKc F*Kc – A 23 minutes edit from the early version of the film. Starless – The Final Performance – Live at Bunkamura, Tokyo, December 8, 2021 Trailers and Additional Short Films
• Schizophonia • Widows
• Official Trailer
BLU-RAY 2 and DVD 2 (for 8-disc edition – KCXP5011 only) King Crimson – Tring: Live in the Studio
King Crimson – Rock In Rio
Gentlemen Of The Road
A 38-minute short film: Backstage with King Crimson
CDs 1-4 (MUSIC FROM THE FILM SOUNDTRACK AND BEYOND )
1. Introductory Bellscape – Live 06-07/11/18 *
2. 21st Century Schizoid Man (edit) – mixed by Steven Wilson 2019
3. Moonchild (including cadenzas) – Live in Philadelphia, 23/09/19 **
4. Cat Food – from Cat Food EP Alt. mix by David Singleton
5. Lizard: i Prince Rupert Awakes Recorded at Wessex Studios, 1970, Keith Tippett piano ii Bolero iii Dawn Song iv Last Skirmish v Prince Rupertʼs Lament – Live in Rome 23/07/18 * [exc I, prev. rel] 6. The Letters – Live in the studio, Tring, 2018 *
7. Sailorʼs Tale – Live in the studio, Tring, 2018 *
8. Easy Money – Live in Oakland 05/09/19 **
9. Larksʼ Tongues In Aspic Part Two (Fripp) – Alt. mix by Steven Wilson 2012
1. Fracture – Live in the studio, Tring, 2018 *
2. Fallen Angel – 2009 remaster by Robert Fripp & Simon Heyworth 3. Discipline – Live in the studio, Tring, 2018 *
4. Cadence And Cascade – Live in the studio, Tring, 2018 *
5. The ConstruKction Of Light – Live In Nijmegen, 22/06/19 **
6. Peace – Live in Vienna 01/12/16
7. Matte Kudasai (alt. intro) Recorded at Island Studios, 1981
8. The Mincer – Live in Zurich, 1973, completed at Air Studios, 1974 9. A Scarcity Of Miracles – Live in Japan 2015
10. Radical Action Suite – Live in the studio, Tring, 2018 *
Radical Action I / Meltdown / Radical Action II / Level Five
11. Peace A Theme – mixed by Steven Wilson 2022 *
1. Drumzilla – Live in Los Angeles 06/08/21 *
2. Waiting Man – Live in Frejus 27/08/82
3. Seizure – Live in San Francisco, 01/11/98
4. The Talking Drum – Alt. mix by Steven Wilson 2012 5. Indiscipline – Live in Del Ray Beach 23/07/21 **
6. Exposure – Mixed by Steven Wilson 2021
7. VROOOM – Live in Toronto 20/11/15
8. Coda: Marine 475 -Live in London 01/07/96
9. Darts – 2022 remaster by Marian Hafenstein at Possible Studios, Berlin ** 10. Requiem (Extended version) – mixed by Steven Wilson 2013
1. Walk On: Rio – Live in Rio de Janeiro 06/10/19 *
2. Larksʼ Tongues In Aspic Part One – Live in Stuttgart 16/06/19 *** 3. Breathless – Live in Poland 2018
4. One More Red Nightmare – Live in Sandy 03/08/21 ***
5. Epitaph – Live in Rio de Janeiro 06/10/20 *
6. Frame By Frame – Live in Nashville 27/09/19 ***
7. Pictures Of A City – Live in Osaka 02/12/21 ***
8. Red – Live in St. Augustine 24/07/21 ***
9. The Court Of The Crimson King – Live in Rio de Janeiro 06/10/21 * 10. Starless – Live in Tokyo 08/12/21 *
Key to OST: * = Previously unreleased, ** Previously Available via download at DGM Live/Cassette only release, *** Previously available in a different mix/master at DGM Live. All asterisked material new to CD.
Explore eil.com & 991.com sister – the world’s best online store for rare, collectable & out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- King Crimson - Earthbound - 200 Gram Super Heavyweight Vinyl - Sealed - UK - vinyl LP - £24.99, $30.49, €28.99 (New Item) (arrived 06-Dec-2022 14:11)on December 6, 2022 at 3:04 pm
KING CRIMSON Earthbound (50th Anniversary 2022 UK/EU limited edition 5-track LP pressed on 200-gram Super Heavyweight Vinyl, Earthbound is the final remaining release of the original King Crimson vinyl albums series. One of the grittiest, most powerful live documents of its time, Earthbound features KC's Islands line-up - Boz Burrell, Mel Collins, Robert Fripp and Ian Wallace - pushing at the limits of its music in a manner which few of their contemporaries ever managed. Newly cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp by Jason Mitchell at Loud Mastering. Picture sleeve with hype sticker, factory sealed. Recommended)
- King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $24.40, €23.20 (New Item) (arrived 31-Oct-2022 16:19)on December 6, 2022 at 3:04 pm
KING CRIMSON In The Wake Of Poseidon (1988 UK EG label issue of their 1970 8-track second studio LP including the single Cat Food. The glossy gatefold picture sleeve is barcoded on the back and has the lyrics printed inside. The sleeve has a few small dents to the front, while the vinyl remains in excellent condition with only light signs of play EGLP2)
- King Crimson - Red - 200gm - UK - vinyl LP - £24.99, $30.49, €28.99 (New Item) (arrived 06-Oct-2022 15:32)on December 6, 2022 at 3:04 pm
KING CRIMSON Red (2013 UK issue of the 1974 5-track LP pressed on 200-gram Super-heavyweight vinyl, featuring the original stereo mix newly cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp. Housed in a picture sleeve with expired download card. This copy remains in near as new condition KCLP7)
- King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic - 200 Gram - UK - vinyl LP - £24.99, $30.49, €28.99 (New Item) (arrived 06-Oct-2022 15:39)on December 6, 2022 at 3:04 pm
KING CRIMSON Larks' Tongues In Aspic (2013 UK 6-track LP pressed on 200 Gram Vinyl, featuring the original 1973 stereo mix newely cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp, picture sleeve with expired download card. The sleeve shows some light edgewear, whilst the vinyl is near as new KCLP5)1
- King Crimson - Discipline - 200 Gram Super Heavyweight Vinyl - UK - vinyl LP - £19.99, $24.39, €23.19 (New Item) (arrived 26-Oct-2022 12:24)on December 6, 2022 at 3:04 pm
KING CRIMSON Discipline (2018 UK/EU limited edition 7-track LP, remastered & newly cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp, pressed on 200-gram Super Heayyweight Vinyl. This classic 1981 album now includes the bonus track MatteKudasai [Alt. Mix]. Housed in an embossed picture sleeve. The sleeve has only light edgewear and the vinyl looks barely played KCLP8)