Bob Dylan has announced a new album, Rough And Rowdy Ways. It’s the singer’s first album of original material since 2012’s Tempest.
Dylan has also released the third track to be taken from the album, False Prophet. It follows in the footsteps of the 17-minute Murder Most Foul, which was announced in late March, and the acoustic ballad I Contain Multitudes, which surfaced last month.
False Prophet both rocks and rolls more than the previous two singles, with Dylan singing, “I ain’t no false prophet,” over a scuzzy, lazy blues riff. “I just know what I know.”
Rough And Rowdy Ways is due on June 19, and will be released on double-CD, double vinyl and digital formats.
Earlier this year, the first details about a new Dylan biopic came to light. The film has the working title of Going Electric and will focus on the singer/songwriter’s controversial transition from folk to rock in the mid-60s.
Deadline reported that Dylan is involved with the project alongside Searchlight Pictures and director James Mangold, with talks with actor Timothée Chalamet about the lead role taking place.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Bob Dylan - The Basement Tapes - 1st - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $27.20, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 05-Mar-2021 15:02)on March 5, 2021 at 7:28 pm
BOB DYLAN & THE BAND The Basement Tapes (1975 UK 24-track double LP on the graduated orange label, gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play)
- Bob Dylan - Empire Burlesque - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $13.60, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 21-Feb-2021 15:58)on March 5, 2021 at 7:28 pm
BOB DYLAN Empire Burlesque (1985 UK graduated orange label 10-track LP, complete with illustrated lyric inner. The picture sleeve shows only minor paper wear [faint indentation on back] & the vinyl remains in Excellent condition with minimal play)
- Bob Dylan - At Budokan - Red Label - Dutch - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $27.20, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 11-Feb-2021 09:47)on March 5, 2021 at 7:28 pm
BOB DYLAN At Budokan (1991 Dutch 22-track red label issue of the classic 1978 double live LP, glossy gatefold picture sleeve. The sleeve shows very little wear, whilst the vinyl appears barely played CBS96004)
- Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks - plain orange label - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.00, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 13-Feb-2021 15:01)on March 5, 2021 at 7:28 pm
BOB DYLAN Blood On The Tracks (1974 UK plain orange label 10-track LP, housed in a picture sleeve with new artwork on the back replacing Pete Hamill's original album notes, complete with the maroon inner. The sleeve has a slght sticker mark in the top right corner, along with some light edge scuffing and ringwear, whilst the vinyl shows only the lightest signs of play)
- Bob Dylan - At Budokan - Complete - EX - Japanese - 2-LP vinyl set - £45.00, $61.20, €50.40 (New Item) (arrived 16-Feb-2021 14:51)on March 5, 2021 at 7:28 pm
BOB DYLAN At Budokan (1978 Japanese 22-track double vinyl LP, issued in a gatefold picture sleeve and complete with rare, fold-out poster plus a superb 16-page lyric booklet and original gold & red obi-strip with discography. The sleeve is showing only some light edge scuffing and minor ringwear; the poster looks like it has not been displayed and the vinyl has a few minor surface scuffs, but remains in excellent condition. A very respectable complete copy of this sought after pressing 40AP1100~1)