Status Quo have released a video for their brand new single Backbone.
It’s the title track from Quo’s upcoming studio album, which will launch on September 6 through earMUSIC/Edel.
The record will be the band’s first without Rick Parfitt, who died on Christmas Eve 2016, with all the songs recorded at Francis Rossi’s studio in late 2018/early 2019.
Speaking about the album, Rossi said: “This new material had to be seriously good. Quo have achieved so much and meant so much to too many people for the quality to slip now.
“Also, let’s face it, things have changed and we’re an easier target than ever. Losing Rick was hard to bear but, through Richie Malone, who was inspired to pick up a guitar by him, we can not only keep going but actually pick up the pace.
“The energy that he and drummer Leon Cave bring to Quo can’t be underestimated. I wasn’t sure I had another album in me but I couldn’t be more proud of Backbone.”
He added: “I hope the fans love it, but you can’t please everyone and I’m not going to start trying to now.”
Along with what will be Quo’s 33rd studio album, they’ll also perform at BBC Radio 2’s Festival In A Day, which will take place at London’s Hyde Park on Sunday, September 15.
Status Quo: Backbone
1. Waiting For A Woman
2. Cut Me Some Slack
3. Liberty Lane
4. See You’re in Some Trouble
5. Backing Off
6. Wanna Run Away With You
8. Better Take Care
9. Falling Off The World
10. Get Out Of My Head
11. Running Out Of Time
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Status Quo - The Rest Of Status Quo - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.70, €17.70 (Back In Stock) (arrived 19-Oct-2021 08:05)on October 23, 2021 at 3:06 pm
STATUS QUO The Rest Of Status Quo (1976 UK 8-track LP pressed on RED vinyl [visible when held to a strong light source], front laminated picture sleeve with band info on reverse. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear and the vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play PKL5546)
- Status Quo - Who Gets The Love? - History Pack Part 2 - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $20.70, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 20-Sep-2021 09:10)on October 23, 2021 at 3:06 pm
STATUS QUO Who Gets The Love? (1988 UK Limited Edition History Pack, includes the 7" vinyl single with Halloween on the B-Side, in a glossy picture sleeve, Part 2 of the fold-out family tree poster, and housed within the outer card picture envelope QUOH23)
- Status Quo - Live - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $20.70, €17.70 (New Item) (arrived 10-Sep-2021 09:40)on October 23, 2021 at 3:06 pm
STATUS QUO Live (1977 UK first press 15-track double vinyl LP on the 'spaceship' Vertigo label, comprising live recordings from their historic gigs at Glasgow's Apollo Theatre between 27th-29th October 1976. The gatefold picture sleeve has some ringwear scuffing with age and the vinyl is Excellent with barely any play)
- Status Quo - Just Supposin' - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $13.80, €11.80 (New Item) (arrived 15-Sep-2021 09:37)on October 23, 2021 at 3:06 pm
STATUS QUO Just Supposin' (1980 UK 9-track vinyl LP including Run to Mummy & Name of the Game [both co-written by keyboard player Andy Bown] plus the hit single What You're Proposing. The glossy picture sleeve has a little shelfwear at the edges, whilst the vinyl appears in excellent condition)
- Status Quo - Hello! - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $16.56, €14.16 (New Item) (arrived 15-Sep-2021 09:43)on October 23, 2021 at 3:06 pm
STATUS QUO Hello! (1982 UK issue of the 1973 8-track vinyl LP, picture sleeve with record company inner. The sleeve shows just a little edge scuffing & the vinyl is excellent with minimal play PRICE16)