Status Quo have released a video for their brand new single Backbone.
It’s the title track from Quo’s upcoming studio album, which will launch on September 6 through earMUSIC/Edel.
The record will be the band’s first without Rick Parfitt, who died on Christmas Eve 2016, with all the songs recorded at Francis Rossi’s studio in late 2018/early 2019.
Speaking about the album, Rossi said: “This new material had to be seriously good. Quo have achieved so much and meant so much to too many people for the quality to slip now.
“Also, let’s face it, things have changed and we’re an easier target than ever. Losing Rick was hard to bear but, through Richie Malone, who was inspired to pick up a guitar by him, we can not only keep going but actually pick up the pace.
“The energy that he and drummer Leon Cave bring to Quo can’t be underestimated. I wasn’t sure I had another album in me but I couldn’t be more proud of Backbone.”
He added: “I hope the fans love it, but you can’t please everyone and I’m not going to start trying to now.”
Along with what will be Quo’s 33rd studio album, they’ll also perform at BBC Radio 2’s Festival In A Day, which will take place at London’s Hyde Park on Sunday, September 15.
Status Quo: Backbone
1. Waiting For A Woman
2. Cut Me Some Slack
3. Liberty Lane
4. See You’re in Some Trouble
5. Backing Off
6. Wanna Run Away With You
8. Better Take Care
9. Falling Off The World
10. Get Out Of My Head
11. Running Out Of Time
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Status Quo - Rockin' All Over The World - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $13.60, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 02-Mar-2021 15:01)on March 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
STATUS QUO Rockin' All Over The World (1977 UK 12-track vinyl LP, their tenth studio album including the classic title track, complete with illustrated inner, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play)
- Status Quo - Whatever You Want + Insert - Australian - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.00, €28.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:10)on March 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
STATUS QUO Whatever You Want (1979 Australisian 10-track vinyl LP on the Vertigo 'spaceship' label, includes Living On An Island and the title track & stone cold classic Whatever You Want, matt picture sleeve featuring great cover art by Design Machine / Andrew Aloof, with the lyric printed insert. The sleeve displays just a little light general wear, whilst the vinyl has just a few light signs of play)
- Status Quo - Rock 'Til You Drop - UK - vinyl LP - £50.00, $68.00, €56.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)on March 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
STATUS QUO Rock 'Til You Drop (1991 UK 10-track vinyl LP on retro Vertigo swirl label, the twentieth studio album by English rock band, glossy picture sleeve. There is a little storage wear along the top edge of the sleeve sleeve and, aside fromacouple of light surface scuffs, the vinyl shows very little evidence of play)
- Status Quo - 1982 - Nineteen Eighty Two - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $13.60, €11.20 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)on March 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
STATUS QUO 1982 (1982 UK 11-track LP, including the single Dear John, complete with lyric inner & the original embossed picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light shelfwear & the vinyl remains in excellent condition with few signs of play)
- Status Quo - Perfect Remedy - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $40.80, €33.60 (Back In Stock) (arrived 25-Feb-2021 09:09)on March 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
STATUS QUO Perfect Remedy (1989 UK 12-track vinyl LP, the mighty Quo's nineteenth studio album including the singles Little Dreamer and Not at All, housed in a glossy picture sleeve. The sleeve shows just a little light wear & the vinyl still looks barely played. A nice example!)