Thom Yorke has announced that he’ll release his new solo album next week.
It’s titled Anima, with the Radiohead frontman launching the nine-track record a week today on Thursday, June 27.
It was produced by Nigel Godrich, with an extra bonus track set to appear on the vinyl release only. Anima will also launch on CD, 2LP, limited edition orange double vinyl and a deluxe 180g orange double vinyl which will also include a 40-page lyric book, with drawings by Stanley Donwood and Dr Tchock.
The album is currently available to pre-order exclusively through the record’s website.
In addition, it’s also been revealed that a “one reeler” film also titled Anima will be available to watch on Netflix on the same day as the album release from 8am. The film was created by Paul Thomas and will feature three tracks from the record.
Watch a trailer for the short film below.
The album news comes after cryptic poster ads began to pop up in cities around the world for a company called Anima, including a series in London.
The adverts carried the headline: “Do you have trouble remembering your dreams?” and had the phone number 07588 733 111 printed at the bottom. Calling the number reveals a short portion of the track Not The News.
Thom Yorke: Anima
2. Last I Heard (…He Was Circling The Drain)
4. Dawn Chorus
5. I Am A Very Rude Person
6. Not The News
7. The Axe
8. Impossible Knots
10. Ladies & Gentlemen, Thank You for Coming (Bonus track – vinyl only)
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
EIL.COM Favourite Music Update Rare CDs, CD Singles, Rare Records, Vinyl Records, Albums and Music
- Radiohead - OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 - 180gm - UK - 3-LP vinyl set - £35.00, $43.75, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 13-Aug-2020 14:20)on August 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm
RADIOHEAD OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 (2017 UK issue 23-track triple LP pressed on 180gram Vinyl featuring the original 1997 twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides - all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes. Housed in a triple pocket gatefold picture sleeve with colour printed inners. The sleeve has a slight crease in the front opening edge, otherwise the sleeve shows minimal wear and apart from one or two inaudible paper scuffs from being taken in and out of the inner the vinyl itself shows little evidence of play XLLP868)
- Radiohead - Airbag/How Am I Driving? - Sealed - US - CD album - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 18-Jul-2020 14:57)on August 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm
RADIOHEAD Airbag/How Am I Driving? (Sealed 1998 US-only 7-track mini CD album, also including Pearly, Meeting In The Aisle, A Reminder, Polythene - Parts 1&2, Melatonin and Palo Alto, digipak picture sleeve with integral 12-page booklet. This example remains factory sealed from new)
- Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill - UK - 7" vinyl - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 25-May-2020 11:01)on August 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm
THOM YORKE Harrowdown Hill (2006 UK limited edition 7" vinyl single, with picture sleeve, which deals with the death of Dr David Kelly, the MoD scientist, whose body was found on Harrowdown Hill in Oxfordshire, including an extended mix plus plus exclusive recording Jetstream. Both the sleeve and vinyl are in spectacular, near 'as new' condition XLS238) **Limited to 5,000 Copies** **Limited to 5,000 Copies**
- Radiohead - Collector's Edition & Special Edition Flyers/Handbill - Japanese - handbill - Promo - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (Back In Stock) (arrived 18-Jun-2020 15:30)on August 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm
RADIOHEAD Collector's Edition & Special Edition (Official 2009 Japanese fold-out promotional handbill/flyer produced to promote the reissue of the Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief albums. Includes colour images of the albums artwork along with full tracklisting and release details, with all text in Japanese)
- Radiohead - OK Computer - Dutch - CD album - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 01-Jul-2020 14:44)on August 15, 2020 at 2:51 pm
RADIOHEAD OK Computer (1997 Dutch 12-track CD album, including Paranoid Android, Exit Music [For A Film], Karma Police and No Surprises, picture sleeve)