Pioneering British rock band Traffic are to have their studio albums collected together in a limited edition vinyl box set for the very first time.
The Studio Albums 1967-1974 celebrates the band’s original incarnation. Always centred around a core of vocalist and organist Stevie Winwood, drummer and singer Jim Capaldi and reed player Chris Wood, the band had formative hits with Hole In My Shoe and Paper Sun, in keeping with the psychedelic sound of the era.
Later they began experimenting with a more progressive sound on albums such as 1970’s John Barleycorn Must Die and 1971’s The Low Spark Of High heeled Boys.
The Studio Albums 1967-1974 will be released on May 17 and features all six studio albums recorded for Island Records.
The LPs have been remastered from the original tapes and presented in their original and highly collectable ‘first’ Island pressing form (gatefold sleeves, pink Island labels etc). The set also includes a related and super rare facsimile promo posters for each album.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Traffic - Welcome To The Canteen - 2nd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £30.00, $41.70, €35.10 (Back In Stock) (arrived 20-Jun-2021 13:14)
WINWOOD / CAPALDI / MASON / WOOD Welcome To The Canteen (1971 UK second issue 6-track vinyl LP on the pink rimmed 'palm tree' label without the Traffic logo, recorded live at Croydon's Fairfield Hall and the Oz Benefit Concert in London in July 1971, including long versions of Gimme Some Lovin' & Dear Mr Fantasy along with 40,000 Headmen and Medicated Goo. The fully laminated pinched spine picture sleeve has just a little shelfwear to the corner but the vinyl itself looks barely played ILPS9166)
- Traffic - When The Eagle Flies - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £75.00, $104.25, €87.75 (New Item) (arrived 04-Jun-2021 11:02)
TRAFFIC When The Eagle Flies (Rare 1974 UK first pressing 7-track LP with A-1U B-1U matrices, housed in a textured picture sleeve with card lyric inner. The sleeve shows very little shelfwear with minimal creasing to the inner and the vinyl shows only light signs of play - a great example of an increasingly rare record ILPS9273)
- Traffic - On The Road - US - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.75, €29.25 (New Item) (arrived 16-Mar-2021 11:29)
TRAFFIC On The Road (1973 US 4-track single disc vinyl LP edition, housed in a gatefold picture sleeve with original 'road signs' inner card sleeve. The sleeve has a has a small sticker around the spine edge and a few minor storage marks including ringwear and light scuffing to the corners, while the vinyl looks barely played SMAS-9336)
- Traffic - More Heavy Traffic - US - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.75, €29.25 (New Item) (arrived 25-Mar-2021 11:51)
TRAFFIC More Heavy Traffic (1975 US only 10-track compilation LP, a great round-up of material taken from the band's earlier albums, including You Can All Join In, John Barleycorn, Gimme' Some Lovin' & more, unique textured pasted sleeve withdeletion cut corner. The sleeve shows only light storage wear whilst, aside from a couple of superficial scuffs, the vinyl is in VG+/EX- condition UA-LA526-G)
- Traffic - The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys - 1st - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $34.75, €29.25 (New Item) (arrived 25-Mar-2021 11:55)
TRAFFIC The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys (1971 UK 6-track vinyl LP on the pink rim Island 'palm tree' label, with laminated six-sided shaped sleeve. The picture sleeve does have a few laminate creases around the edges and despite some surfacescuffs at the edges, the vinyl remains in VG condition ILPS9180)
- Traffic - When The Eagle Flies - smooth p/s - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.85, €17.55 (New Item) (arrived 05-May-2021 15:04)
TRAFFIC When The Eagle Flies (1974 UK black & white picture label 7-track LP housed in a smooth, non-textured picture sleeve with lyric inner. The sleeve is Excellent with a spot of edge wear & the vinyl appears barely played ILPS9273)
- Traffic - Shoot Out At The Fantasy Factory - Blue label - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.85, €17.55 (New Item) (arrived 05-May-2021 15:14)
TRAFFIC Shoot Out At The Fantasy Factory (1980s UK blue 'sun set/rise' label issue of the 1973 5-track LP, housed in a glossy shaped picture sleeve. The picture sleeve displays some light general wear & the vinyl looks barely played ILPS9224)
- Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die - 1st - Smooth - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £95.00, $132.05, €111.15 (New Item) (arrived 18-May-2021 09:23)
TRAFFIC John Barleycorn Must Die (1970 UK first issue 6-track stereo LP on the 'smooth' pink 'i' logo label, gatefold E.J. Day printed picture sleeve. The sleeve displays just a little light general wear or signs of age, whilst the vinyl has onlya few light cosmetic surface scuffs, overall remains in an Excellent condition. Recommended ILPS9116)
- Traffic - Traffic EP + Sleeve - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $16.68, €14.04 (New Item) (arrived 01-Jun-2021 09:25)
TRAFFIC Traffic (1978 UK 4-track 7" vinyl EP with its intact four prong centre, including Hole In My Shoe, No Face No Name No Number, Paper Sun and Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush. The card picture sleeve has a pictorial album discography printed on the back IEP7)
- Traffic - Best Of Traffic - Pink Rim - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $20.85, €17.55 (New Item) (arrived 04-Jun-2021 14:23)
TRAFFIC Best Of Traffic (Early 70s UK second issue 11-track LP on the pink rim Island 'palm tree' label, picture sleeve. The cover shows just a little discolouring whilst the vinyl is Excellent with light evidence of play only ILPS9112)