Pioneering British rock band Traffic are to have their studio albums collected together in a limited edition vinyl box set for the very first time.
The Studio Albums 1967-1974 celebrates the band’s original incarnation. Always centred around a core of vocalist and organist Stevie Winwood, drummer and singer Jim Capaldi and reed player Chris Wood, the band had formative hits with Hole In My Shoe and Paper Sun, in keeping with the psychedelic sound of the era.
Later they began experimenting with a more progressive sound on albums such as 1970’s John Barleycorn Must Die and 1971’s The Low Spark Of High heeled Boys.
The Studio Albums 1967-1974 will be released on May 17 and features all six studio albums recorded for Island Records.
The LPs have been remastered from the original tapes and presented in their original and highly collectable ‘first’ Island pressing form (gatefold sleeves, pink Island labels etc). The set also includes a related and super rare facsimile promo posters for each album.
Explore eil.com… the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987.
- Traffic - Hole In My Shoe - 4PR - UK - 7" vinyl - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 23-Sep-2020 17:13)
TRAFFIC Hole In My Shoe (1967 UK first issue 7" vinyl single with intact four prong centre, also including Smiling Phases, complete with the rare picture sleeve. The sleeve displays some minor general wear and the vinyl shows only light signs ofplay, overall an excellent example WIP6017)
- Traffic - Welcome To The Canteen - 2nd - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £40.00, $50.00, €44.80 (New Item) (arrived 06-Apr-2020 08:34)
WINWOOD / CAPALDI / MASON / WOOD Welcome To The Canteen (1971 UK second issue 6-track vinyl LP on the pink rimmed 'palm tree' label without the Traffic logo, recorded live at Croydon's Fairfield Hall and the Oz Benefit Concert in London in July 1971, including long versions of Gimme Some Lovin' & Dear Mr Fantasy along with 40,000 Headmen and Medicated Goo. The fully laminated pinched spine picture sleeve has just a little shelfwear to the corner but the vinyl itself looks barely played ILPS9166)
- Traffic - Paper Sun - UK - 7" vinyl - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 09-Jan-2020 10:35)
TRAFFIC Paper Sun (Original 1967 UK debut 7" vinyl single on the pink 'eye' logo Island label with intact three prong centre, also including Giving To You. Issued in a Island company die-cut paper sleeve, the vinyl is in excellent condition withjust acouple of light hairline cosmetic marks to show for its fifty plus years! WIP-6002)
- Traffic - Best Of Traffic - 1st - VG/EX - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 07-Feb-2020 13:26)
TRAFFIC Best Of Traffic (1969 UK first issue 11-track compilation vinyl LP on the pink with white 'i' Island label, matt picture sleeve with powder blue company inner. The sleeve has an area of paper loss due to sticker loss, whilst the vinylis Excellent with very few signs of play. A nice play copy ILPS9112)
- Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die - 1st - Rough - UK - vinyl LP - £195.00, $243.75, €218.40 (New Item) (arrived 10-Feb-2020 11:42)
TRAFFIC John Barleycorn Must Die (First issue 1970 UK 6-track stereo LP on the rough textured pink 'i' Island label, textured gatefold picture sleeve. The heavy duty sleeve shows only a little faint scuffing or fading at the edges, the labelsremain very clean with just a couplr of light marks around the spindle hole, whilst the vinyl has a only a few light paper scuffs and hairlines not affecting play. Fantastic copy! ILPS9116)
- Traffic - Hole In My Shoe - Solid - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 18-Feb-2020 09:08)
TRAFFIC Hole In My Shoe (Classic 1967 UK solid centre 7" vinyl single on the pink 'eye' logo Island label, also including Smiling Phases. Issued in a Island company die-cut paper sleeve, the vinyl has some light hairline surface scuffs but remains in otherwise excellent condition WIP-6017)
- Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die - 1st - Smooth - EX - UK - vinyl LP - £95.00, $118.75, €106.40 (New Item) (arrived 24-Feb-2020 11:52)
TRAFFIC John Barleycorn Must Die (1970 UK first issue 6-track stereo LP on the 'smooth' pink 'i' logo label, gatefold E.J. Day printed picture sleeve. The sleeve displays just a little light general wear or signs of age, whilst the vinyl has onlya few light cosmetic surface scuffs, overall remains in an Excellent condition. Recommended ILPS9116)
- Traffic - When The Eagle Flies - VG - UK - vinyl LP - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 28-Feb-2020 16:07)
TRAFFIC When The Eagle Flies (1974 UK 7-track vinyl LP, their seventh album and the last studio release until 1994, picture sleeve with printed lyric inner. The sleeve shows a little shelfwear to the edges with a small seam split to the top, while the vinyl has some light signs of play and remains in EX condition ILPS9273)
- Traffic - Traffic EP - p/s - UK - 7" vinyl - £12.00, $15.00, €13.44 (New Item) (arrived 04-Mar-2020 16:37)
TRAFFIC Traffic EP (1978 UK 4-track 7" vinyl EP with intact four prong centre, including Hole In My Shoe, No Face No Name No Number, Paper Sun and Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush, picture sleeve with album discography on the back IEP7)
- Traffic - On The Road - 1st - EX - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £35.00, $43.75, €39.20 (New Item) (arrived 06-Apr-2020 09:01)
TRAFFIC On The Road (Classic 1973 UK 7-track double vinyl LP recorded live in Germany with the legendary Muscle Shoals rhythm section of Roger Hawkins, David Hood & Barry Becket. The fully laminated gatefold picture sleeve shows just a little corner wear and the roadsign inners have some light foxing, while both vinyl discs are excellent with only minimal cosmetic wear & surface scuffs revealing just light play ISLD2)