Bruce Springsteen’s fifth album, The River, was a bold affair compared to what came before. Clocking in at 80-minutes and change, it featured tracks left over from the Darkness On The Edge of Town sessions, as well as new songs that would mark a darker turning point in Springsteen’s writing. One of the sleeper tracks from the album – at least on a commercial level – was Point Blank, which is beloved by the die-hards yet rarely gets a mention alongside the biggest hits of The Boss.
The thing that record collectors know it for, though, is that the Dutch-only 7” releases is one of the rarest records in existence. Not just in Springsteen’s back catalogue, either; it is one of the rarest in record collecting history.
It was slated to be the last European single released from The River in June 1981, however it was pulled by the CBS for unknown reasons. Physical copies of the single were to be destroyed, and it is said that only nine known copies survived and made their way into the wild. The picture sleeve itself is unique, and as well as the title track it features another stand out album track, Ramrod.
With so few copies allegedly in existence pricing this record is near impossible, however the handful that have made it on to the collector’s market have all changed hands for big money. Serious collectors would likely pay a top premium for a mint condition copy, and it is a true gem that really gives meaning to the term ‘White Whale’.
eil.com – the world’s best online store for rare, collectable and out of print Vinyl Records, CDs & Music memorabilia since 1987
- Bruce Springsteen - The River - Complete - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 03-Jul-2020 12:53)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN The River (1980 UK 20-track double vinyl LP, including Hungry Heart & Independence Day, housed in a single pocket picture sleeve with illustrated inners, discography insert & fold-out lyric sheet. The sleeve shows minimal shelfwear & the vinyl looks barely played)
- Bruce Springsteen - Darkness On The Edge Of Town - Complete - UK - vinyl LP - £20.00, $25.00, €22.40 (New Item) (arrived 03-Jul-2020 11:47)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Darkness On The Edge Of Town (1978 UK first issue 10-track LP on the graduated orange label, complete with album credits inner & lyric insert, picture sleeve. The sleeve shows only light wear & the vinyl remains excellent with only light signs of play)
- Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run - 1st - UK - vinyl LP - £25.00, $31.25, €28.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Jul-2020 11:42)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Born To Run (1975 UK first issue 8-track LP on the graduated orange label, gatefold picture sleeve with misprinted 'John' Landau credit on the reverse instead of 'Jon'. The sleeve shows some light shelfwear & the vinyl appears barely played)
- Bruce Springsteen - The River + Lyric Insert - UK - 2-LP vinyl set - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (Back In Stock) (arrived 03-Jul-2020 11:24)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN The River (1980 UK 20-track double vinyl LP, featuring Independence Day & Out In The Street. The single-pocket picture sleeve comes with the illustrated inners & fold-out lyric insert and has just a little evidence of shelfwear, whilst the vinyl appears in excellent condition with only minimal signs of play)
- Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A. - 1st + Insert - UK - vinyl LP - £10.00, $12.50, €11.20 (New Item) (arrived 03-Jul-2020 11:21)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Born In The USA (1984 UK 12-track LP on the graduated orange label, including the hit singles Dancing In The Dark, Glory Days & the classic title track, picture sleeve complete with illustrated inner & lyric insert. The sleeve shows some shelfwear, with the odd paper scuff & the vinyl remains in excellent condition with just a few light signs of play)
- Bruce Springsteen - Live 1975-1985 - UK - vinyl box set - £50.00, $62.50, €56.00 (New Item) (arrived 03-Jul-2020 11:13)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Live 1975-1985 (1986 UK FIVE LP box set featuring a total of forty live tracks, including Hungry Heart & Born In The USA, over three hours & twenty minutes of music in all, housed in a hype-stickered clamshell picturebox complete with a 36-page illustrated lyric booklet & individual picture inners. The box has just a little wear, the inner sleeves have just light wear & signs of age, whilst the vinyl has a little light cosmetic wear or the odd hairline leavingit Excellent)
- Bruce Springsteen - The Album Collection Vol. 2, 1987-1996 - Sealed - UK - vinyl box set - £125.00, $156.25, €140.00 (Back In Stock) (arrived 02-Jul-2020 14:22)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN The Album Collection Vol. 2, 1987-1996 (2018 UK limited edition vinyl box set comprising remastered issues of his Tunnel of Love , Human Touch , Lucky Town , In Concert/MTV Plugged  and The Ghost of Tom Joad  albums plus the Chimes of Freedom  & Blood Brothers  EPs. All ten discs are UNPLAYED and housed in the SEALED textured 13" x 13" x 2" box with a lift-off lid complete which is individually numbered inside with a Certificate of authenticity, along with a 60-page booklet with rare photos, memorabilia and newspaper clippings!)
- Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 02-Jul-2020 11:46)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Tunnel Of Love (1987 UK 12-track vinyl LP, a great record that sees 'The Boss' take a more somber and romantic tone, focusing around the demise of his first marriage and building relationship with Patti Sciafla. Picture sleeve with illustrated lyric inner. The sleeve shows minimal wear, with just a little ringwear scuffing and the vinyl appears barely played)
- Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A. - 1st - Complete - UK - vinyl LP - £15.00, $18.75, €16.80 (New Item) (arrived 02-Jul-2020 11:38)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Born In The USA (Classic 1984 UK 12-track vinyl LP including the fan favourites Dancing In The Dark, Cover Me and I'm On Fire. The picture sleeve comes with the illustrated credits inner plus both lyric & discography insertsand shows just a little light edgewear and the vinyl has very little sign of play)
- Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch - UK - picture disc LP - £40.00, $50.00, €44.80 (New Item) (arrived 29-Jun-2020 15:40)
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN Human Touch (1992 UK strictly limited edition 14-track LP Picture Disc with the album artwork on both sides, features Gloria's Eyes, Roll Of The Dice, The Long Goodbye and the fabuloustitle track! Housed in a stickered clear PVC sleeve)